PDA

View Full Version : Remington Viper semi auto

twotoescharlie
09-23-2011, 04:40 PM
recently had one of these gifted to me. it has a nice 3x9 scope on it and is in very good shape. problem- no magazine, anyone have a spare or know where I might get one. gunparts has them listed,but I ain't gonna give $71.00 plus shipping for one.

thanks TTC

carlsonwayne
10-18-2011, 12:20 AM
I would check with Cabela's and Midway. Another option is to do a web search. I have found obsolete stuff doing random searches, and sometimes the price is even really good.

jh45gun
10-18-2011, 12:38 AM
That is the issue I have with Remington once they do not make a product too darn bad getting parts. When they admitted their 742 receivers were bad they gave you credit towards a new 7400 was not even close to paying for it all though. Big deal they should have either replaced them or used your old parts like the wood and the barrel and put on a new receiver. 71 bucks for a 22 magazine is obscene no matter who is selling it. I have a 742 I converted to a straight pull action so the receiver will last and I am not worried about my 870 lots of parts for them and they seem to last for ever.

carlsonwayne
10-18-2011, 12:48 AM
They aren't real interested in helping with their old stuff either. I have my grandpa's old 721, and I need to replace the extractor. I contacted them about it, asking what it would cost to have them install a new current style extractor. Their answer was that they don't make the old extractors anymore, try a gunsmith. I responded asking AGAIN what they would charge to do it, or get me a 700 bolt and I got the same answer. I love their guns, but their customer service is pretty crappy, in my experience.

docone31
10-18-2011, 09:38 AM
You will have to look for a mag. I also have a Viper, and they are ok, nothing special, just ok.
They fire anything and are reasonably accurate.
There is a mag from another model that will work with a tweak. Either filing off a nub, or something like that. I forget which. That one will work though.
Every Viper I have found, or seen, was missing the magazine. The factory mag was a stock plastic piece of ****. The bottom came out. The replacement was metal, and that one worked well.
The Viper is an ok rifle. Light and the stock feels ok to shoot. I never could figuire out how to take out the reciever parts, but for what it is, who cares.
I prefer 10/22.
With a scope, it will hit what you aim at. Trigger is pretty miserable also.