PDA

View Full Version : Uberti Schofield Revolver in 45lc

garbear
09-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Anyone owns one? Good? bad? what ever opinion on the revolver. The only revovler I own curretnly is a ruger sp101 in 357 mag. I have wanted a break action since hichschool but have not really looked who makes them. Any other makers to be aware of that might be better or competively priced and good quality. Also recomended molds for this.
I know they aren't strong like the double action and single action revovlers that are a solid frame that the latch is the weak point. plan to use nothing but cowboy action loads in this nothing hot not even near hot.
Garbear

NickSS
09-24-2011, 04:43 AM
I do not own one but have fired a couple of them in 45 colt. They work very well and are accurate. They are shaped different from like a Ruger or Colt SSA clone and are a bit more difficult to cock one handed but two handed is no problem,

Cannoneer
09-24-2011, 06:04 AM
When I still had my Schofield I loved it. With 7 grains of unique under a 250 or 230 grain lead bullet it shot point of aim. When I started using Schofield Brass I changed the powder charge to 6 grains of Unique and it still shot POA with the same bullets.

:castmine:Couldn't use it with Black Powder though. The big lube bullets had not been invented yet so I sold it off and got a Great Western 2 after the Schofield sat in my safe for four years.

Dan Cash
09-24-2011, 07:35 AM
My Schofield copy is very smooth and acceptably acurate with 8 gr Unique and a 260 bullet. The grip angle and shape takes getting used to, The gun will not shoot BP as it is modified for the Colt cartridge and as a result the base pin collar is gone. 10 or 12 rounds will choke it.

The Virginian
10-18-2011, 01:34 AM
I really like the two I own, one a Taylors & Co. and the other a Navy Arms both in 45 Colt. They shoot any standard .45 Colt load just as well as any of my Colt SAA clones.