PDA

View Full Version : Gander Mountian

Jetwrench
02-01-2007, 12:32 AM
Guys, I am working out of town, Beaumont, Tx. I went into a Gander Mountian store for the first time today and I just have to say Daammnn!!!:-D It was almost better than... well you know.[smilie=1: Yep they got some of my money. Then I went to Hooters, but thats another story.:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Man what a day. JETWRENCH

Boz330
02-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Was it as good as a Cabela's? Heck you don't even need to spend money there to enjoy yourself, just walk around like a country boy in NY City.:redneck:

Bob

Jetwrench
02-01-2007, 03:10 PM
I must confess, I have not yet been to cabelas. But one day I will go to a city that has one. Which will no doubt prompt another post. JETWRENCH

Shepherd2
02-01-2007, 04:19 PM
There is a Gander Mountain store outside Columbus that I've never been able to get in. Either there is no time or they are closed when I'm over that way. Some day. We've been to the Cabela's in Wheeling, WVA twice. It would be worth paying admission to just go in and gawk. I didn't spent much money either visit but I sure enjoyed myself.

RugerFan
02-01-2007, 11:08 PM
I went to a Cabelas store for the first time last weekend (Dundee, Michigan). Compared to the 4 Bass Pro Shops and 2 Gander Mountains I've been to, I'd have to give Cabelas the nod. Very impressive. Good reloading selection including some bullet casting items. I left with my wallet thinner. Picked up a RCBS .308 X-die among other things.

Boz330
02-02-2007, 10:22 AM
I've been in the Dundee store, what an awsum place. How did you like the record whitetail exhibit? Those places are like a natural history museum. It even has a Trout stream running through the store.

Bob

RugerFan
02-02-2007, 08:48 PM
I've been in the Dundee store, what an awsum place. How did you like the record whitetail exhibit? Those places are like a natural history museum. It even has a Trout stream running through the store.

Bob

Yes, the taxidermy exhibits and the fish tanks are fantastic. I'm glad that Cabelas is putting up a store in Georgia the fall of 2008.