PDA

View Full Version : sights

gunnut14
09-21-2011, 01:07 PM
A friend gave me 2 pederisoli vernier rear sights to try on some of my old antique rifles.
I have not decided whether to keep them or not. If I decide to keep them what would be a good price to pay him for them?
He said they are a gift as he has better sights and will never use them but I feel bad not paying something.

gunnut14

RMulhern
09-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Keep 'em!

Eventually, on some occasion when you're crossing a deep river bridge...roll down your window and toss them overboard!!

Red River Rick
09-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Keep 'em!

Eventually, on some occasion when you're crossing a deep river bridge...roll down your window and toss them overboard!!

Mr. M.:

Why don't you tell us how you really feel about those sights! Well, maybe not! Swearing isn't allowed. :shock:

Gunnut14:

They're not the best sights, that's for sure. But, if your obligated to pay your friend something, I would think $50 each would be a fair price.

FWIW
:drinks:

RRR

WildmanJack
09-21-2011, 07:15 PM
It really is a rotten shame that a company making gun as good as Pedersoli can't or won't put a really good tang sight on their guns. It's a real pain to pay good money for one of their guns then spend almost as much on a good set of front and rear sights... Just my dos centavos..
Jack

Lead pot
09-21-2011, 09:11 PM
:-D RRR I think Rick said it about as polite as he could.
And I will say it as polite as I can :roll: I got a Ped Quigley rifle 14 ? years ago and shot it twice with the best Ped. soule sight and that flip flop sight ended up in the weeds behind the firing line at the range.

gunnut14
09-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Thanks guys,
He said about the same as you but I have a thing about" free".
I do not think he would be offended if I gave him nothing but for some reason it just seemed wrong to me and he is a great guy and I would hate to lose his friendship.

gunnut14

Lead pot
09-21-2011, 10:01 PM
If he is giving it away he must not like it. Mine i gave I to the weeds because i didn't want someone to get aggravated like I did

runnin lead
09-21-2011, 11:16 PM
I would NEVER give Pedersoli sights to someone that I liked.
What did you do to p!$$ him off ?

AND I would never post them for sale here.

StrawHat
09-22-2011, 06:23 AM
If he is giving it away he must not like it.

Not necessarily so. I frequently give things away to other shooters to keep them interested. I have no knowledge of these particular sights but perhaps he was trying to give you a set of sights better than the ones you already have? they may not be the best sights in the world but if they peak your interest in shooting, how bad can that be?

I have given away parts, reloading equipment and firearms to others just to keep them involved in the sport. I would have been offended if the parties recieving them paid me for them. They were gifts. Accept the gift graciously.