PDA

View Full Version : Hogue stocks

peter nap
09-21-2011, 10:20 AM
I have to get a new stock for my Ruger 77 and don't know much about plastic stocks.

Is Hogue any good (I have a love hate relationship with their pistol grips)?

Anything better?

missionary5155
09-22-2011, 04:55 AM
Good morning
I have only used the revolver grips. I have small hands so some are not right for me. Rifle .. well those are a bit more forgiving as a rifle holds vastly different than a handgun. So far I have not seen a bad Hogue product. Only rifle I have non-wood on is an M1A. It works great. I did not like the smell though...
Mike in Peru

lavenatti
09-22-2011, 07:11 AM
I have a Houge stock on a Mini-30. I love it.

JPinMI
09-22-2011, 07:44 AM
I bought hogue for my M77 awhile back but returned after I found out how much it weighed,,, it's heavy! I'm still looking for a replacement but have made no decisions yet.

obssd1958
09-22-2011, 08:25 AM
I have a Hogue overmolded that I put on my M77 in .338 Win Mag, to replace the stupid "skeleton" or "boat paddle" stock. JPinMI is right - it's heavy, but that works to my advantage for working up hunting loads. The factory stock slugs the be-jeepers out of my cheek, but the Hogue lets me sit and shoot without re-arranging my face. I am experimenting with whether I can swap stocks without adjusting where the scope is sighted in at, but haven't got any results to share. I know I am rambling, but hopefully you'll find something here that will help!

Don

peter nap
09-22-2011, 08:51 AM
Thanks Guys but I called Hogue. True to what I've expected, they almost sent me something that wouldn't fit.

After I had given her the CC# I said, "Let me double check. This is for the old style Model 77 with the tang safety." She said oh no, this is for the safety on the bolt. I said "That's the Mark 2"

Oh...we don't make one for your gun then.

I went through the same thing with the monogrip for my BFR.

Bell & Carlson does make one for the M77 that seems like a decent stock but Stockys is back ordered.