PDA

View Full Version : J-bullett jackets!

Freightman
09-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Well I got around to cleaning the dirt and trash from the jackets and went to the recyclers and they didn't want them period. That is fine I have been wanting to build a hi-temp crucible I will refine them down I have right at 50# and they can buy it as clean copper. My wife and I got out under the pecan tree and cleaned the stuff, had a great time we talked and laughed had a great time, sometime we lose touch after 51 years. Now I know why I (or she) kept her( me) around great girl.

clodhopper
09-21-2011, 12:20 AM
Let us know how the refining goes.
I have been thinking along the same lines.
All thought and no action so far.

bumpo628
09-21-2011, 01:46 AM
Or you could pack them into a flat rate box and sell them to someone who has a more agreeable recycler.

Sonnypie
09-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Well I got around to cleaning the dirt and trash from the jackets and went to the recyclers and they didn't want them period. That is fine I have been wanting to build a hi-temp crucible I will refine them down I have right at 50# and they can buy it as clean copper. My wife and I got out under the pecan tree and cleaned the stuff, had a great time we talked and laughed had a great time, sometime we lose touch after 51 years. Now I know why I (or she) kept her( me) around great girl.

51 years!
God Bless ya both! :-D
:drinks:

ReloaderFred
09-25-2011, 01:06 PM
As long as they're relatively clean (no clumps of lead, etc.) my recycler pays me #2 copper price for bullet jackets. I go through them with a large magnet to ensure all the steel is out of it first and I only take them jackets that don't have any dirt and debris mixed in with them.

The other recycler in the area won't touch them, since they came from "lead contaminated" materials. That recycler won't even let you on the property with any lead. Needless to say, they don't get my business.

Hope this helps.

Fred