PDA

View Full Version : A pleasant suprise for a change

acguy45
09-20-2011, 03:56 PM
I have been on here for awhile but as I am just recently started casting I have been reading up and learning some on casting. Using the Midway code provided so kindly by one of the members here I ordered the Lyman big dipper starter kit (minus the Lubrisizer, Christmas is coming I just gotta try to be good I suppose) until then pan lubing works, once again thanks for the info everyone.
It came up to $71.00 with S/H using the promo code. I have been waiting eagerly for it to get here so I could upgrade from my Walgreen hotplate and GI canteen cup I dug out of one of my war boxes. (It works pretty good but it’s kinda slow) I got my package last night was presently surprised to see it came with a couple extras that weren’t mentioned in the add. A nice suprise these days . I just thought I would pass that info along for people on the fence about getting started up. I haven’t tried it yet but I can’t wait till the weekend to fire it up.

The kit included:

1. Big dipper furnace $34.99
2. Lyman dipper $18.79
3. Ignot mold $18.79
4. Three sticks of lube instead of the one advertised, Moly/Orange magic/Alox (roughly $5 a piece) $15
5. And they substituted the thin orange cover reloading manual with the Cast Bullet Handbook 4th edition $19.99

If all purchased separately it would have been $107.56 plus S/H not a fortune saved but a pretty good chunk.

captaint
09-22-2011, 04:01 PM
Sounds like Lyman is interested in getting you off to a good start. Glad you caught a break. I gotta get that Lyman Cast Bullet book myself. enjoy Mike