PDA

View Full Version : Mold Shipment Timeline

41 mag fan
09-19-2011, 07:32 PM
This might not be the correct place to ask, but how long does it normally take to get your molds from overseas?
Mihec sent me the tracking #, but all I get from our fabulous USPS is origin is preparing shipment.

I feel bad asking him where it's at. Damn shipping times is crazy. Mihec sent it off the 6th.

Iron Mike Golf
09-19-2011, 08:18 PM
I have gotten mine anywhere from 10 days to 3 weeks after paying my invoice. Never checked on ship dates, so dunno transit times to Akron, OH.

plainsman456
09-19-2011, 10:48 PM
By any chance is this the cramer mold for the 41 magnum?
I have one ordered and it makes me want it bad reading about the folks that got the solid mold already.
I can't wait to try it.

Jailer
09-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Week to 10 days on the 3 molds I've purchased.

41 mag fan
09-20-2011, 07:36 PM
By any chance is this the cramer mold for the 41 magnum?
I have one ordered and it makes me want it bad reading about the folks that got the solid mold already.
I can't wait to try it.

No it was the 502 mold. Bought it the 5th, shipped the 6th. I believe Mihec it shipped, just really want this mold bad.

I just don't know how long it takes to ship from overseas.

cbrick
09-20-2011, 10:53 PM
41 mag, I know exactly how you feel.

If you'll remember last year when they had that terror attempt by filling a printer ink cartridge with explosives and tried to get it on an airliner as cargo and they stopped all cargo on airliners in EU for a time. I had ordered a mold From Miha and he shipped it the day after the airline cargo ban, the mold went on a slow boat and I do mean slow. It took almost two months to get that mold and I had bought a new gun just to shoot that bullet. The air cargo ban has been lifted for quite some time though so don't worry about that.

I have had molds from Miha in 10 days and others in about three weeks, that seems to be about average. Can't blame Miha, once he drops it off at his post office it's completely out of his hands, the government has it and you I am sure know how the government does things.

Rick

smokemjoe
09-21-2011, 09:45 AM
About 10 days from Austrial to iowa

Mauser Rat
09-22-2011, 11:17 PM
I've never had a mould get to me from Miha in less than two weeks. Worst case was almost a month.

And it has NOTHING to do with Miha Prevac. Its the US postal service following whatever rules HS posts that week. Sometimes I have to sign for them. Other times they are in my PO BOX. One time I filled out paperwork for several minutes just to get the mould from the Post Office.

white eagle
09-23-2011, 07:36 AM
ordered one on the 8th got it day before yesterday

rintinglen
09-23-2011, 01:39 PM
both of mine came in two weeks or so. Most recently, paid (Late at night) on the 1st, shipped on the the 5th, recieved the 16th of September.

41 mag fan
09-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Ordered mine on the 5th. Still no mold, it keeps saying, when I check, origin is preparing post.

Matt_G
09-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Having been in on many group buys of Miha moulds, I can say the shipment times run the gamut from 1 to 6 weeks.
Frustrating I know, but unfortunately, that is just the way it is.
I'm going on week 5 for one myself.

GLL
09-25-2011, 08:08 PM
If you look at the declaration papers and posting dates on the outside of the boxes Miha ships you quickly realize the problems with delivery are right here in USA ! :(I recently had a postal worker and her supervisor indicate I could not ship a LEE 6-cavity mold because there was a drawing of a bullet on the outside of the box ! Went to another Post Office and they did not seem care at all ! :(

Jerry

cbrick
09-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Could well be the U.S. Postal System but once Miha drops it off AT HIS PO there's no tellin that the PO works any better in EU than here. It's probably a combination of both there and here.

Still, I've never known Miha to not ship on the exact day he says. It's then in the hands of all people . . . government. :holysheep

Rick

09-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Ordered a Jeff Tanner mould five weeks ago and was about to write him and track it down. He mailed it within a day or two of me ordering it. (As he usually does) Well, it showed up in my mailbox all mangled and torn to pieces. The USPS re-taped the package and included their all too common note about how it was damaged in transit, and how they really do such a good job but they ship lots of stuff, and blah, blah, blah. Long and short of it is the USPS did get it here, did re-tape the thing, all without damage to the mould. I'm thankful for that. Usually a Tanner mould from England is less than two weeks. Makes me wonder where this mould has been.

taminsong
09-26-2011, 05:11 AM
I got my molds from Miha from 21 to 26 days. And I'm in the PH.

MiHec
09-26-2011, 07:05 AM
I just speak with my Post office. They said that it is possible that tracking system is not OK.

I actually check some tr. numbers that shows "origin post prepairing shipments", but they are all ready in US.

Lately shipments take 5-6 weeks as I see.

I do not know the reason for delay.

I have postal slips for all shipments, so do not worry. (they are trackable, but not as good as UPS, Fedex, DHL......)

P.S.
The record for one of my shipment was 7 months (not a typo mistake).

41 mag fan
10-03-2011, 10:32 AM
I just speak with my Post office. They said that it is possible that tracking system is not OK.

I actually check some tr. numbers that shows "origin post prepairing shipments", but they are all ready in US.

Lately shipments take 5-6 weeks as I see.

I do not know the reason for delay.

I have postal slips for all shipments, so do not worry. (they are trackable, but not as good as UPS, Fedex, DHL......)

P.S.
The record for one of my shipment was 7 months (not a typo mistake).

Got it in this morning when I went to pick up my mail that I had held while I was on vacation. Awesome, Awesome looking mold! I'll be chomping at the bit now to get me some casts on it this coming weekend. thanks Miha!

theperfessor
10-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Glad it showed up!

41 mag fan
10-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Glad it showed up!

Hey Keith!
Looks like I'll be a casting fool hopefully sometime this weekend, work permitting.
Now that I'm back from vacation and getting back into the grundge again, I'll look at my schedule coming up soon. Me & the wife can come down and meet you & your wife and go out to dinner somewhere.

theperfessor
10-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Shane, glad to hear you had a nice surprise to end your vacation. It was good to meet you and your better half a few weeks ago. Since then I've worked out a few tooling bugs and now sell SAECO-style nose punches along with my Lyman/RCBS ones that you use.

I'm waiting for the brass MIHA .41 mag H&G 258 hollow point mold group buy to close. I am really looking forward to getting that mold. I've heard a lot about MIHA's quality, would like to see it firsthand.

GLL
10-03-2011, 06:23 PM
I just received a mold from Miha that he mailed Sept 12th. It arrived in California on the 30th !
Essentially just two weeks.

My Priority Mail letters to Indiana commonly take 10 days ! :( :(
Interestingly they take only three days from Indiana back to me ??

Jerry

theperfessor
10-03-2011, 06:55 PM
There's a time warp around the Hoosier State...

41 mag fan
10-04-2011, 09:20 AM
There's a time warp around the Hoosier State...

Time warp??? I thought the postal service got smart and learned the cross roads of America, actually just run in circles.

Keith,
if it looks like it is right now, I'll actually be off saturday for once, I'm going to head to Daves gunshop again over in Holland. Bet there's a new pistol in there for me to buy. But if I do, I'll probably head into E-ville again.

If you're going to be home, I'll swing that Miha mold by and let you check it out.

Moonie
10-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Careful, once those things are seen in person they can't be unseen, they are amazing molds.