PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favorite?

Armyguy80
09-19-2011, 05:46 AM
Ok just a quick poll out there. I have been shooting my Glock 23 for a while, recently picked up a Springfield Armory XD 9 SC in 9mm and loved it so much I got the XD in .40 with a 4 inch bbl. In addition to handling I like the way it disassembles IMHO much easier than a glock. To spice things up lets throw in the Smith and Wesson M&P series. Which one and why?

subsonic
09-19-2011, 06:23 AM
Of the three styles of pistol mentioned, I prefer Glock. The other two are just copies of a Glock. I'd rather have the real thing. The grip angle and shape points better for me. I have seen all of the guns torture tested and don't think the other two will take the abuse that a Glock will. Tenifer.

Ed K
09-19-2011, 06:59 AM
Springfield XD

Why? A Glock 21 does not fit my hand at all. A XD 45 is just right.

David LaPell
09-19-2011, 07:18 AM
I can say that I like the way a Smith M & P fits in my hand but I have never fired one, I don't like the Springfield XD at all, and our duty gun is a Glock 21 and I can shoot the darn thing quite well, getting 250's back to back in our annual qualifications, but none of them can ever take the place of my Smith 27.

bigboredad
09-19-2011, 09:34 AM
I prefer the xd for the way it fits in my hand and I shoot it much better fit. Tennifer Melonite what's the difference. I'm not fond of the glock kool aide either:popcorn:

white eagle
09-19-2011, 12:34 PM
none of the above :holysheep
why :?:
hate looking for brass [smilie=b:

subsonic
09-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Do you know what an HS2000 is?

Love Life
09-19-2011, 03:10 PM
If I am going to own a black 50/50 plastic/metal pistol that is as thick as a phone book then it is going to have a big fat "G" stamped into the grip.

I'm with subsonic on this one. Having shot all three I prefer my glock any day of the week. Of course I have shot my glocks alot over the years so I am very comfortable with them.

subsonic
09-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Besides, only glocks come in 10mm.

Love Life
09-19-2011, 04:00 PM
Besides, only glocks come in 10mm.

One day I am going to have to get me a 10MM.

Armyguy80
09-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Do you know what an HS2000 is?

It is for all intents and purposes the Springfield XD...

MtGun44
09-20-2011, 01:21 AM
I'm a 1911 guy, but of the three you mentioned, I like the S&W M&P by far the best.

I really, seriously dislike the Glock grip angle, grip bumps and trigger stroke. But other than
that they are OK . . . . .NOT! The XD is far above the Glock ergonomically for me, but the
fact that they won't feed SWCs puts them on the totally unacceptable list for me. I do hear
that the newer XDs may feed SWCs. Don't even think about changing out an extractor on
an XD, though!

Bill

LUBEDUDE
09-20-2011, 01:24 AM
Sold my G-21 to get an XD because of a better fit and I like the grip safety.

Like the M&P, would like to try before I buy.

thegreatdane
09-20-2011, 02:19 AM
I like em all, and own all but the MP. That one is coming soon. I borrowed one for a few range trips and thought to myself: why don't I own one of these already?!

x101airborne
09-20-2011, 07:37 AM
Well, I own a glock and used to own an XD. Sold the XD to a buddy, so it is not really gone. I always carry my glock in my offshore boat with me. We went out in some NASTY seas and got water all inside the boat. Came home sick as **** and did not clean the boat right away. The supposedly "dry box" where I keep the weapon was holding around 8 inches of water and I did not check it. That glock stayed in there for around two months until I went to get my e-purb to check the batteries. My buddy saw it and said "Do you think it will ever work?" I said dunno, and emptied the clip into the dirt. Yep, good to go. You will never let an XD sit in corrosive salt water and still survive. NEVER.

Aces an Eights
09-21-2011, 04:56 AM
Have no experience with them yet, but I'd probably choose a Glock 34 or a H&K USP Elite in the hope a longish barrel would help me shoot better than my buddies with their rusty CZs and Tanfogs.

NickSS
09-21-2011, 05:51 AM
I own a lock 17 for some years now but it is not a favorite pistol of mine. I have handled the other two and they both have better feels to them but personally I really do not like any of them. I like browning HP, Colt 1911s, CZ 75, and Berretta Cougar 8000. All of this is basically due to superior trigger pulls compared to guns with the so called safe action.

big dale
09-21-2011, 05:53 AM
I have never claimed to be in love with the Glock...I bought my 10 mm back in the mid 90's. Three other Glocks and a bunch of spare barrels have been added since then. I don't consider them to be particularly accurate compared to any of my Ruger revolvers, but they always go bang and there is a lot to be said for that. There is always at least one and a few spare clips within reach. They just don't put a big ole grin on my face like my Super Blackhawk does everytime I think about it.

Have fun with this stuff.

Big Dale

subsonic
09-21-2011, 07:09 AM
Only 33 parts in a glock and anyone can replace any of them without much more than a punch and hammer. I have seen one detail stripped with only a set of car keys.