PDA

View Full Version : 9mm Husqvarna auto pistol.

Four Fingers of Death
01-31-2007, 12:37 AM
The guy at the gunshop told me he has one of these coming in with holster and spare mag in 9mm. I didn't think at the time, but it is probably a 9mm short. Is this the case?

I kinda remember reading something about these years ago. What are they like? Being a husky they would no doubt be a nicely engineered piece of ordnance.

I told him to put it aside and I'd have a look at it.

I'll have to trade something, one more pistol and I have to install a back to base alarm.

Mick.

.44 Swede
01-31-2007, 03:58 AM
The guy at the gunshop told me he has one of these coming in with holster and spare mag in 9mm. I didn't think at the time, but it is probably a 9mm short. Is this the case?

I kinda remember reading something about these years ago. What are they like? Being a husky they would no doubt be a nicely engineered piece of ordnance.

I told him to put it aside and I'd have a look at it.

I'll have to trade something, one more pistol and I have to install a back to base alarm.

Mick.
Hello. There are basically two kinds of Husqvarna. The older 07, wi´ch is in caliber 9mm Browning, and the M40, wich is the ordinary 9mm Luger (or parabellum).

If its a M40, check it for cracks in the slide, they all crack sooner or later. I had one that was cracked and I fitted a brand new one. It lasted abot 700 rounds before cracking again.

Otherwise-Really nice pistol.

Best regards

Four Fingers of Death
01-31-2007, 06:05 AM
Bugger! I'm liable t run that many rounds through it on a weekend. Maybe not for me. Mick.

utk
01-31-2007, 07:20 AM
More reading about the Swedish M/40:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Husqvarna_M/40

And the Swedish M/07 (FN 1903):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_Model_1903

Urban

Four Fingers of Death
01-31-2007, 08:20 AM
Thnaks fo rthe info, If its one of the loder ones I willprobably give it a go, I have always fancied them. If its one of the 9mm ones, like they say in the old gangster movies, 'forget about it!' Mick.