PDA

View Full Version : First Christmas and Now My Birthday!

Uncle Grinch
01-30-2007, 11:35 PM
For Christmas, my son gave me a custom damascus knife, probably because I was envying his so much. I had been planning on posting a photo, but just never got around to it.

Well, today is my birthday and he hands me this gift bag and says "Dad, here's your birthday present". To my surprise, it's another knife. I was overwhelmed. I have always loved the look of damascus steel and now I have two of them to admire.

They were made by Larry Pridgen.

http://pridgencustomknives.com/intro.htm

imashooter2
01-31-2007, 12:02 AM
I like the top knife, but the one on the bottom is a real beauty!

wills
01-31-2007, 01:09 AM
Those look like they are sharp. It is dangerous for you to have them around, however I have means to safely dispose of them. You must send them to me immediately, before they hurt you.

Buckshot
01-31-2007, 04:00 AM
Those look like they are sharp. It is dangerous for you to have them around, however I have means to safely dispose of them. You must send them to me imediately, before they hurt you.

..............Yeah, you could put an eye out with one of those :-)

Nice knives, btw. Nice son too.

..............Buckshot

Uncle Grinch
01-31-2007, 10:19 PM
Buckshot,

That's the great thing about bringing up a child in your ways. (Assuming you have good ways) He has always had an inside line on what I like.

For example, my avatar shows me holding a Marlin 1895 CB 45/70. That was my Christmas a few years ago. Enough said... he's a great son in many other ways too!

Dale53
01-31-2007, 10:49 PM
It is VERY gratifying to have good children. I have been blessed with three. An often overlooked matter, is that leaving productive, compassionate children after you becomes a legacy for the community. Good people do good things and it goes on forever...

Dale53

PatMarlin
01-31-2007, 11:47 PM
I give knives for gifts quite a bit. Those are nice, now give him a coin.. :Fire:

piwo
02-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Wow... damascus steel... wonderfully thoughtful gift!

Nueces
02-01-2007, 04:38 PM
It is VERY gratifying to have good children. I have been blessed with three. An often overlooked matter, is that leaving productive, compassionate children after you becomes a legacy for the community. Good people do good things and it goes on forever...

Dale53

Amen to that, Brother. It's how to save the world.

Mark