PDA

View Full Version : Great brother in law!

Freightman
09-17-2011, 02:49 PM
I blew a tire on my old F250 ('89) and was real short on money due to wife's medical expense, had no idea how I was going to get two new tires 265 16R they run about $180-$200 apiece. I put a under sized spare on the front to limp along but it caused the PU to pull Right bad. I said something to my brother in law and he said come out to the house I have a couple of new tires for you. He wouldn't take any pay and they were brand new Firestones of the right size. Good to have family, Thank God for them.
PS I load all of his 45ACP for him for free he has a HiPoint 45 carbine he loves to shoot.

Catshooter
09-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Shows a man can't make it through life without friends.

Cat

maglvr
09-18-2011, 07:22 AM
One hand washes the other ;)

Bret4207
09-18-2011, 07:59 AM
Don't know how things work in other states, but in NY there is a $3 or $5.00 tire disposal fee, Supposed to encourage the serfs to "recycle" their tires, with no source for recycling available of course. The State finally figured out they were being charged their own fee from all the garages doing work on the Troop cars. So now the State, who used to keep rigid track of every tire and auction them off, "gifts" the tires to the garages. So if you can figure out what garage is doing tires for Troop cars in NY at least, stop by. A lot of the places give the decent tires away if they have any, or charge a nominal fee. My daughter is riding on undersized, but very nice tires.