PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Lee molds.

Nick10Ring
09-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Guys I need some input and advice. I've been using 6 cavity Lee molds for sometime now. The last session they became very hard to open. They did open but I have a hard time getting the bullets out of the cavity. I keep the vital points lubed and smoke the cavities but this is a new problem. The bullets look fine but they are difficult to get out.

Nick10Ring@aol.com

Frozone
09-16-2011, 04:05 PM
I have often had problems opening my LEE 6 bangers when the index pins (or sockets) pull out slightly, or are not set deep enough from the factory. After resetting the depth I use a center punch and re stake them. A couple of 'dimples' in the AL around the holes keeps em in place for the life of the mold.

Oh and don't use smoke. If you need to smoke a mold you have other problems. See the sticky about LEE-Menting (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=654) it'll solve most of your LEE problems.

geargnasher
09-16-2011, 05:19 PM
+1 Frozone.

Gear

fishnbob
09-16-2011, 07:53 PM
I had trouble today with my NOE mould in .45 Colt. It really was hard to open but once I got them apart, the boolits dropped out easily. I let it cool down while I looked it over, touched a Q-tip with Bull Plate on it on the alignment pins and it straightened out. Don't know which did the trick, but glad it did.