PDA

View Full Version : Watch a Master Caster

1911GrayWolf
09-16-2011, 12:30 AM
My Dad would like to see a Master Caster working. He's retired, living in LaCrosse, WI and would be willing to travel within a reasonable distance to see a Master Caster in action. If you are willing, please PM me your name, phone number and/or email address so we could set something up. Email is beyond his comprehension:roll: so I'm doing this for him. Thanks.
He comes up to the Twin Cities to visit us about once a month, so anyone in the metro area would work out too.

94Doug
09-16-2011, 01:02 AM
That's close to me, but sadly no Master Caster.

Doug

badbob454
09-16-2011, 02:00 AM
some casting stuff on you tube

1911GrayWolf
09-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I've shown him some of the YouTube stuff. He's more of a "get in close and look at it while asking many questions" kind of guy. Old school!

LUCKYDAWG13
09-16-2011, 12:04 PM
hey have you benn to clements fishing barge at all just asking are the walleye hitting
pleas give a pm if there are thanks

1911GrayWolf
09-16-2011, 08:30 PM
If you're talking about the one old Fred runs on lock and dam #7, no I haven't been on it in years. I'm sure with the low clearer water getting cool now they should start hitting soon, if not already. Not big into fishing much anymore. I will be scouting the bottoms this weekend for duck hunting spots. If I hear anything I'll get back to you.

baker1425
09-16-2011, 08:53 PM
I had my skepticism on the Magma, but am thrilled with mine. I'm too far away for a visit, its a great gadget, and I can do more casting in two hours than I could do with multiple molds all day with three pots.

bslim
09-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Baker 1425, I purchased the Magma 40#
pot with their stand and use a hand held 2 cavity mold to manually cast my boolits.. Using a hair blow dryer to keep the mold temp down, I can normally run around 800 bullets in an hour. Is this comparable to what you are getting from your Master Caster? I ask, because I need a higher production rate, but I'm not sure how much I will gain using the complete Master Caster set-up?

baker1425
09-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Baker 1425, I purchased the Magma 40#
pot with their stand and use a hand held 2 cavity mold to manually cast my boolits.. Using a hair blow dryer to keep the mold temp down, I can normally run around 800 bullets in an hour. Is this comparable to what you are getting from your Master Caster? I ask, because I need a higher production rate, but I'm not sure how much I will gain using the complete Master Caster set-up?

Not to hijack this thread, but the biggest factor in me going the magma route was the fact that arthritis/tendonitis was making casting miserable for me.

The things that I have observed are that my steady production rate is about 600 per hour, but my rejection rate is low <1%, and that the boolits are really consistent in weight if I keep the sprue the same size.

I don't know how to increase your production rate, but I do know that I don't have the upper joint issues I did have casting with the Magma. Hope this helps.