PDA

View Full Version : Do You Need Boxes For Your Rounds?

GRUMPA
09-15-2011, 05:16 PM
I remember not to long ago a member posted a question on where someone would get them at a half way decent price other than the big "M" outfit.

Well I ordered from them once on those and I really wasn't to happy with what they were charging for shipping, just under $35 plus the product price.

Did some searching and found one outfit that I never heard of, but not only are they cheaper they don't stick you with the high price for shipping either.

Nice thing for me is they are plastic trays although the boxes are the generic white, but I'm not going to complain.

MOD'S if this is in the wrong place please feel free to move it.

They also have other things but nothing to write home about, but here's the link.
http://www.scharch.com/categories.php?cat=35

And if there's someone cheaper don't hesitate to chime in.

Guesser
09-15-2011, 06:14 PM
I've done business with Scharch for about 15 years. Great people to deal with and I have never been disappointed with anything I've ever received from them.

Three44s
09-27-2011, 09:34 AM
Check out Uline

Three 44s

S.R.Custom
09-27-2011, 11:09 AM
Check out Uline

I have their current catalogue, but can't find any ammo boxes... do you have a page number or stock number handy?

markinalpine
09-27-2011, 04:04 PM
How about the trash bin at your local range?
Mark :coffee:

Blammer
09-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Uline will have boxes, not necessarily ammo boxes with the trays an stuff. At least not that I've seen.

shaggist
09-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Check out the Ebay listings. I have gotten just what I wanted at a very good price several times.

williamwaco
09-27-2011, 10:18 PM

You can get more at the range than you can carry home and for FREE. I piled up so many in my shop I had to quit bringing them home and throw about half of them out.

plmitch
09-27-2011, 10:42 PM
My grandkids have been collecting empty boxes at the range from other shooters to look at and they have been able to find a few old ones that we have kept to add to the collection. Some I reuse and toss the rest.

starreloader
09-27-2011, 10:49 PM
I have a couple thousand of the white Federal plastic trays for a good price if you can get the boxes...

evan price
09-28-2011, 05:35 AM
I bring home trash bags full of them from the gun range. I had so many that I finally realized I didn't want to ever reload (for example) 15,000 9mm and pitched a lot of them, gave more away on local forums. Then stopped bringing them home, except for the 'exotic' stuff lke 45 colt, 32 long, 44 mag, etc.

3006guns
09-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Boxes are nice......gives a professional look to your reloads, but I gave up trying to get either cardboard or plastic simply because the money could be put into more powder, primers, etc.

I started using (no laughter now!) one gallon size zip lock bags! There's a spot on them where you can write down the load with an indelible marker and they form (squish) beautifully in a .50 caliber ammo can.

Yeah, sometimes I feel a little silly with my "bag o' boolits", but each bag holds an unGodly amount of rounds and is handy for bringing back brass.

beex215
09-28-2011, 09:21 AM
boxes and trays can be free at the range. the range does trow them in the bin. trays are useful for holding the rounds with powder in them so they dont spill over. i do use them to store completed ammo too. nothing wrong with bringing a bag full of ammo either. you can tell the reloaders from the non reloaders.

gray wolf
09-28-2011, 02:34 PM
No boxes to speak of at my informal 30$$ a year range, and M-way is to costly for me.
So it's the zip lock bag for us, and when the wife is not looking I use the vacuum sealer machine. Cept now she counts the bags.
I will look at the other links.

Sam

PAI-Scott
09-28-2011, 05:36 PM
1 gallon zip locks work well, and doesn't take up any space in the reloading room.

Adam10mm
09-29-2011, 01:17 PM
Scharch boxes are nice. I used them for a while when I reloaded commercially.

ErikO
09-29-2011, 01:49 PM

This tends to work for me, just need to be sure that the wife doesn't catch me doing it. ;)

94Doug
09-29-2011, 08:39 PM
I have been using zip lock bags lately too....usually because I have 10-20 of each load/boolit to try out before loading a bunch. I have had pretty good luck with the Berry Company, but there is a minimum order for their boxes...I use the plastic kind. I only wish there were more colors, I like to keep calibers apart that way.

Doug