PDA

View Full Version : Do they make an extended shellholder adaptors?

Rooster
09-12-2011, 11:21 PM
My two RCBS match die sets have extended shellholders for the specific caliber and I was wondering if there is an extender that would fit all of the individual small shellholders that I use with the regular die sets. Sort of like an extension that's on my ratchet that takes all the sockets, if you follow my drift.

Kevin Rohrer
09-13-2011, 10:37 AM
I am pretty certain that RCBS makes one for shorter cases, and I'll bet Lee and others do, too. Check their sites.

wallenba
09-13-2011, 10:46 AM
I found this page on Midway site. Here's one that will work http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=225116
It's a universal extender.

David2011
09-13-2011, 11:13 AM
I have one that just fits into the ram like a shell holder and then the shellholder fits into the other end. It's probably 1-1/4" effective length. There are no markings but it appears to be commercially made so someone makes or made them. It does come in handy from time to time, especially with short pistol cases.

David

Ickisrulz
09-13-2011, 12:11 PM
It looks like CH4d.com has one. It is not caliber specific.

abunaitoo
09-15-2011, 04:11 AM
CH tool and die has it.
Look under "Presses"

Shell Holder Extension
For use when trimming short cases in a file trim die. With our universal Shell Holder Extension there is no need to buy an assortment of extended shell holders, one tool extends your standard shell holder 3/4.
Part # Description Price
409090 Shell Holder Extension $ 16.29

Been wanting to got one. Just never got around to calling them.
You have to call or fax and order. No internet orders.

DLCTEX
09-17-2011, 11:01 PM
MidWay's 7.99 is a good deal, but out of stock.

John J
09-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Rooster

there are 2 match seatings dies made by RCBS..the first one came with the compition die sets and needs the extended shell holder
The second one looks just like the first one and came with there Gold Medal sets and does not need an extended shell holder

they changed the seating stem and took away the clicks for the Gold Medal seater and im sure that they have discontinued the first one in faver of the second one now

If you would like to use your seating die with out the extended shell holder you can do what i did and now mine will work with the Dillion presses

first unscrew the top of the seater from the die body then remove the allen screw letting the seating stem free then head off to the hardware store and find a 1/2 inch round by 1/2 inch high plastic bushing that will fit inside the die body..and a 1 inch high allen screw with the same threds as the one you took out.

place the bushing on top of the seating stem and screw it back together with the longer screw and then put it back into the die body and readjust your die

thats how i modified my 308 comp seater and it works fine on a Dillion 650 and all for well under a dollar

hope it helps and you can allways change the hight of the bushing to suite your needs

John J

abunaitoo
09-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Midway has them????
How about a part number or where to look for it.