PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for TwoTrees !!

RedFoxy
09-12-2011, 06:35 PM
TwoTrees a week ago last Sunday (9/4 for those keeping track) fell from a 12ft ladder while working on the gutters of our house. The last project to be done.

While falling he tried to slow the fall by holding the side of the ladder and using his hand to slow himself - good thought UNTIL his wedding ring caught and ripped up his finger.

He landed badly on one heal. The two bones in his heal are smashed and on Wednesday he will be having reconstructive surgery - the surgery will be at least three hours and involves plate pins and screws.

I will post as soon as I can how he is doing after surgery.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

uncle joe
09-12-2011, 06:37 PM
bless him heel injuries are painful, so are hung rings. In our prayers he will be.

scrapcan
09-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Ok you two need to keep each other out of trouble! Please let us know how it goes and I hope you fared well in the last request.

And maybe that wedding ring saved his noggin, After all his boot could have caught and landed him on the old thinker.

Blammer
09-12-2011, 06:41 PM
ouch! Get well soon!

waksupi
09-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Gosh, you two are having a rough go! I learned the hard way long ago, to not wear a ring of any sort when working. Good way to rip a finger right off of your hand.

Hickory
09-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Last week weren't we praying for you?
Boy, when trouble hits, it hits hard!!

firefly1957
09-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Payers that he fully recovers .

Dean D.
09-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the heads up Lisa. Send Rick our best wishes on a speedy recovery! You both take care!

smoked turkey
09-12-2011, 09:37 PM
BOY! That sounds like a bad situation all the way around. We will be praying for a good ending to it for you both.

lead-1
09-12-2011, 11:24 PM
Get well soon, hang tough and prayers are inbound. <><

Wayne Smith
09-13-2011, 07:50 AM
Prayers going up once again, Lisa. We do tend to push, don't we?

gray wolf
09-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Prayers for you and your injuries and for the whole family.

Sam in Maine

schutzen
09-13-2011, 09:24 AM
We will pray for the both of you for a long while. I did much the same thing to my leg/ankle in August of '09. It is just this summer that I can walk 2 miles without my leg hurting.

4 things you need to do:
1) Get Rick a handicap tag for his vehicle. This winter when it is cold and wet he will need it.
2) Find a small sturdy table someone can help you modify to a wheelchair height table for reloading. My buddy did this for me and it was the best therapy. I lubed and sized 15K slugs during my down time.
3) PM me a mailing address so I can ship you some reading material. My doctor had me non-weight bearing on my leg for 4 1/2 months. You can not believe how boring television is until you watch it 10 hours a day.
4) Do not forget yourself. I do not know if I was just a very poor patient or my wife was an excessively doting nurse (she's a retired nurse who had just me for a patient); but after 6 weeks or so I could tell it was wearing on her very hard. Fortunately our children and her sister step in a made her get out and do things for herself. A fall shopping trip with her sister and several Homemaker day trips with her friends while the kids checked on me at lunch really brighten her up.

Good luck! We will pray for Rick's speedy recovery and for your strength to get through this ordeal.

PS After Rick gets semi-mobile and if you live where it is permissible, get him a .22 target to shoot at from the porch. I’m pretty sure my wife will never change targets for me again. But she sure was a trooper when I needed it. Mine was pretty simple; my son just brought me section of a 30” tree trunk

timkelley
09-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Sounds like my Lois and I. She has to watch me and I have to watch her. Awfully glad our oldest moved up from the Peoples Republic and now is here to watch us both.

Prayers are offered.

metweezer
09-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Prayers for you both.

sundog
09-13-2011, 11:40 AM
Best of luck on recovery. Don't get on each others nerves,... TOO MUCH. Listen to the doctors and therapists! Yeah, I know, that's tough. I do not wear jewelry. There's also been a lot of heat for not wearing a wedding band, but SWMBO finally saw the light with what everything I do. She just sorta accepts it now. The day I retired from the Army in in 94, I also removed my wrist watch and have never had it back on (don't have to worry too much about TOT - time on target - these days).

RedFoxy
09-14-2011, 09:01 PM
I am so sorry this is so late but Rick was a late surgery and a long one.

One Plate and 15 screws and an amazing Orthopedic Surgeon that we can also call a friend later and he is out of recovery and home resting.

He is groggy and very dry and trying to re-hydrate.

Thank you all for your love prayers and support.

PS - My test all came back clear.

It is a good day.

Dean D.
09-14-2011, 10:11 PM
GREAT news, thanks for keeping us updated!

timkelley
09-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Super!!!

scrapcan
09-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Yes, very good news. Take care.