PDA

View Full Version : Redding powder measure

44man
09-12-2011, 01:31 PM
I talked to Redding about a drop tube to better fit the larger .50 caliber cases. They sent me the very first adapter to test.
It slips over the existing tube and is nothing but genius. It works to perfection.
It is called the LR-1000 drop tube adapter.
Redding also has a double carbide size die for the .45 Colt, etc, so the base is not sized as much as the top. This is going to be a winner.

mpmarty
09-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Yes I too am a fan of Redding. They are the only die maker that actually make a proper size die for the 7.5 Swiss. RCBS and others make their 7.5 dies to the 1889 cartridge dimensions which are incorrect for the GP11 cartridges which fit the K-31 chamber. The other dies overwork the brass making it too small.

milprileb
09-12-2011, 07:19 PM
Flag on the play : Hornady makes a K31 die specifically for K31 only. So that makes Redding and Hornady making the proper dies for 7.5 Swiss K31 rifles.

That said, I had a Lee set of dies in 7.5 Swiss and the ammo they made replicates perfectly the ammo my Hornady die set makes (awesome accurate ammo ). So, I would not blink about Lee dies in 7.5 Swiss for K31 rifles either. After spending 80 bucks for the special order Hornady die set, I was just so bloody overjoyed to find my Lee dies make exactly the same high quality ammo in comparison tests.

Discovery Learning: while it works, it gets expensive