PDA

View Full Version : Trigger on SW1911

ColColt
09-10-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm looking at a SW1911 and noticed in the two pics of it the trigger looks a bit further forward than most in that the two tiny pins that hold the trigger bar are showing. Is this a problem or perhaps could the pistol have been cocked and the hammer released without firing? I haven't seen this before. I'd post a pic but when I tried to copy it, the thumbnail in My Pictures folder looked good but upon clicking on it to enlarge it was all askew with it looking like it had been taken with a wide angle up close and little detail showing.

MtGun44
09-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Never noticed seeing pins. May just be the design of the trigger.

Bill

Thin Man
09-12-2011, 08:08 AM
ColColt,

If you decide to buy the SW1911, be aware that the thumb safety is completely alloy. So far I have had 2 of these pistols come through the shop for replacement after the thumb pad broke away, snapped off at the shaft. I replaced both of these with steel safties, with pad designs chosen by each owner. Other than this single issue, both owners were well pleased with their SW1911s. Hopefully S&W will address this matter in future production. Food for thought.

Thin Man

ColColt
09-12-2011, 04:53 PM
I snagged a pic of what I'm talking about off S&W's website. This one has the two pins showing as I mentioned.

Thin Man-I suppose a Wilson safety would work better without requiring fitting? The one I'm getting is an early model with the billboard etching on the side unlike the one in the photo. I don't know if they used aluminum early on, still do, or maybe added it later with the newer ones.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x220/ColColt/Misc%20Stuff/108282_01_lg.jpg