PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever actually seen one

tek4260
09-10-2011, 12:27 AM
I remember when I read this a few years back that I really wanted one. I looked out for them at shows and in shops, but I never saw one. Has anyone ever actually handled one? I looked around and the closest thing I can find is a Hunter. I would love to have one of these though. Exactly like this one, 6" ported 10MM. Guess it is one of those things that never went into production.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm35/tk3945/scan0001-1-1.jpg

tek4260
09-10-2011, 12:29 AM
ok for some reason photobucket is being retarded and I cant make the pic show up right side up

tek4260
09-10-2011, 12:31 AM
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm35/tk3945/scan0001-1-1-1.jpg

DragoonDrake
09-10-2011, 05:59 AM
I've shot one. One of the guys I know that has more money than sence wanted one. He had it special ordered than sent it out for a 40 s&w conversion and a 22 conversion. I think it shoots ok but I am not a fan of the 40 s&w series of cartridges. I much prefer their match 45/22 kit.

subsonic
09-10-2011, 10:09 AM
Not in person in 10mm (my favorite auto pistol caliber!)
I think I may have witnessed a 9 or 40 in person.

tek4260
09-10-2011, 04:20 PM
I've never seen one with the comp in person

HeavyMetal
09-10-2011, 06:03 PM
I've eevn seen these for sale on the auction sites like gun broker and action arms, not alot of them but from time to time.

Shot a both a 9mm and a 40 years ago liked what it was price point is in HEART ATTACK RANGE!

I keep an eye open for one in 40 thats not so pricey some day it will show up!

That's how I got my S&W 52 for 700! waiting and biding my time!

W.R.Buchanan
09-15-2011, 07:17 PM
I had a CZ40P which was the Double Action Decocker made for the Chech police.

It was a well made and accurate gun, however running the thing, got to be tiresome. 2 trips to Frontsight and I was done with it.

First the decocker function is a PITA and requires that you decock the gun everytime before it is holstered or there is no safety in place.

Second you must recock the gun to do a chamber check then decock. Etc, etc. extra BS to put up with.

I did a trigger job on mine which was a night mare, as it has one of the most complex tirgger assemblies there is known to man. It did however make the trigger very nice and smooth 8.5lbs in DA and 2.5 in SA.

I realize that none of these issues are a problem with this strictly SA version above, BUT?

There is however a bigger issue with these guns. "The slide is inside of the frame" and is difficult to get a consistant purchase on.

This will haunt you if you use the gun for the intended purpose of IDPA or Competition shooting requiring the fast or repeated manipulations of the slide.

It is just too damned hard to get good with any of the CZ based guns. I'm not saying it is impossible, it is just 3 times harder than a Glock! and easily 2 times harder than a 1911.

This becomes a problem very quickly in any kind of competition type of shooting.

These are well made guns either the Italian TZ's or Chech CZ's are both reliable pistols, but you have to practice alot more to get good with one than most other guns out there.

I traded mine for a Glock 21 SF and believe me I got the better end of that deal by a landslide!

As far as the 10mm round goes if you really feel you need it, then I suggest you really practice alot, as it is a handful in any style gun.

Randy