PDA

View Full Version : You know you've had pretty good session

imashooter2
01-28-2007, 05:05 PM
when you lift the bucket and it makes you grunt.:-D

Had to slow down a little today as the ambient temperature and cold ingots were pulling down the melt temperature if I went too fast but I still put 32 pounds of lee 452-228-1R into my stash for this summer's shooting.

Jack Stanley
01-28-2007, 08:25 PM
If it's that heavy , isn't that when the neighbor kid is supposed to happen along and lift it for ya ?:-D

It's good to squirrel the slugs away for the good weather ain't it ?

Jack

Sundogg1911
01-28-2007, 08:25 PM
yesterday I cast about 1000 9mm's for the wife, about 1000 40 S&W's for me, about 1000 45 ACP's for me again, 500 or so .380's for my Daughter and a few hundred .38's just to try the mould. now im down here in my basement with the old Lyman 450, getting Rooster Red Zambini all over the laptop as I type this. I really am looking forward to a Star Sizer! This part just isnt too fun. :(

imashooter2
01-28-2007, 09:08 PM
yesterday I cast about 1000 9mm's for the wife, about 1000 40 S&W's for me, about 1000 45 ACP's for me again, 500 or so .380's for my Daughter and a few hundred .38's just to try the mould. now im down here in my basement with the old Lyman 450, getting Rooster Red Zambini all over the laptop as I type this. I really am looking forward to a Star Sizer! This part just isnt too fun. :(

That's a days casting! Makes me look like a piker.

I've got Rooster Jacket working pretty well in my .45 ACP loads, both auto and revolver. I'm hoping for the same success in hot .38 loads for ICORE. That would take care of my high volume loading. I can deal with the old Lyman 45 for the rest.

Bass Ackward
01-29-2007, 08:22 AM
I enjoy molding this time of year. Strange how some people say they can't get good bullets now , but I sure do. And I can mold at a pace that is comfortable. Plus the extra clothing for protection isn't a hinderance.

I have all the major inventory I need for awhile, so all I need is bullets. So far this month has been 420lbs of mix. This is sort of ahead of schedule for me, so next month will be a breeze.

95% of my molding is done in January through about mid-March. The only stuff molded after that is trial mixes and experimentation stuff along with any new molds. And with all the experimentation I did last year, I still have some inventory left from last year. Experimentation eats up the time and cuts down on the shootin. (cheaper)

Newtire
01-29-2007, 09:56 AM
And I was feeling great about casting up 400 Lee 120 gr. for my M-1 carbine and 150 311284 out of a new Lyman mould I just got Saturday. Hell, I still feel good. Organized ammo yesterday and will say that I do have "enough".

One question, I felt a little low on my .30-06 rifle supply so when I saw an FN Mauser .30-06 with great bore, action as slick as butter, but a little scratched up for $265 on Saturday, I had to have them put it in the 10-day California purgatory safe. Can a guy have too many .30-06's or too many boolits I wonder? I feel I still haven't reached the "limit" somehow.

C1PNR
02-01-2007, 05:14 PM
One question, I felt a little low on my .30-06 rifle supply so when I saw an FN Mauser .30-06 with great bore, action as slick as butter, but a little scratched up for $265 on Saturday, I had to have them put it in the 10-day California purgatory safe. Can a guy have too many .30-06's or too many boolits I wonder? I feel I still haven't reached the "limit" somehow.
Absolutely NOT!

Just yesterday I heard in an email from CMP that I WILL be getting one of the 1903-A3 Smith Corona returns from Vets organizations.:bigsmyl2:

I know the bores are trashed, but I'm thinking of having the barrel relined so I can SHOOT the danged thing!

To my way of thinking, another '06 is ALWAYS a good thing!

Congratulations on your new addition!:drinks: