PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Bullet Co. Striker (Setting the record straight)

maglvr
09-09-2011, 02:13 AM
Hi Folks:
A few weeks back, I asked a question on the mold forum, about a heavyweight bullet/mold for the 357mag.
Someone suggested the M.B.Co. 180gr Striker, to which I replied that I had bought some and was disappointed with the meplat size, and they would be for sale soon.
Perhaps someday, I will learn to not judge a book by it's cover!

<stepping up on soapbox and clearing throat>
Ladies and Gentlemen, I am here to tell you all, the Missouri Bullet Co. 180gr. "Striker" over 12gr. of 2400, fired from my Marlin 1894C, at a range of 25 yards is the ONLY thing that has exited the back of my tire rubber(chunks of sidewalls) bullet trap, like it wasn't even there!
I believe the penetration of the bullet could best be measured in minutes, not inches!! It just never stops!! And it feeds flawlessly through my Marlin(in 357 brass) that is VERY fussy about what it will digest.
I HUMBLY tip my hat to Missouri Bullet for the HARD-DRIVING, class A, 180gr. bullet known as the Striker, that has outpenetrated MUCH heavier calibers & loads that were fired from a shorter distance(15 feet).
I was so impressed, I ordered 2000 more, even though I cast my own also!

maglvr

kennyb
09-30-2011, 10:49 AM
These guys are just down the road from me, I think they are great folks, they make a great product and will take the time to answer any questions you may have. I can't say for sure if their .45 cast bullets or mine shoot better. I have a Rock Island .45 acp and I'm getting 1/2 a playing card size groups at 10 yards with both bullets.