PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to Sell a SCORE of Molds?

kmk1012
09-08-2011, 10:05 PM
I recently came into a whole bunch of new and used Lyman molds, I'm only keeping a couple of them. I was thinking ebay or something, there is over 30 molds and more than 20 handles. I really don't get to check my computer but maybe once or twice a week. Any advice will help. Thanks, this sight has been a great place to lurk for a long time with tons of info learned! I just can't get involved into too many threads as my time can be limited at times.

TCFAN
09-08-2011, 10:28 PM
You might consider the Swappin & Sellin section here at CastBoolits. Close up photos always help to sell molds.Give everyone here a chance at them before you put them on E-bay......Terry

Ziptar
09-08-2011, 10:40 PM
I can't think of a better place to sell bullet molds than on castboolits.

captaint
09-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Yup, that would be great - for all of our members.

Nueces
09-09-2011, 12:26 AM
kmk, it would be a boon to this group to have a shot at your moulds, but I'm mindful of your comment that you can monitor your computer (thus, your messages) but a couple times a week. I'm thinking you've paid some attention to how the Swappin' & Sellin' forum works and have seen that checking in only twice a week to monitor 20 offers could make a mess.

I think you could get it done here, but you'd have to create offers that could only be accepted immediately, without questions, and with the understanding that it could take a few days to hear back from you. Maybe a few at a time, one to start, to see how it goes. Certainly, asking as you have is a fine way to begin.

Of course, I'd be only too happy to help out a neighbor. Just PM me with your best price on all those puppies and we can save the board a lot of trouble. :mrgreen:

Some of you have no doubt noticed that I can hardly post anymore without including that puke green smiley. Thanks for not mentioning it.

Mark

Lizard333
09-09-2011, 01:38 PM
I'll give you twenty for the whole lot and save the hassle of having to sell them all!! In all fairness I would go the swapping and selling section. You will be amazed at how fast they sell. Especially if they are priced right!!

Char-Gar
09-09-2011, 03:30 PM
I noticed this is your 1st. post on this site. Please be aware that a larger number of posts are required before anything can be posted for sale. We buy and sell things between ourselves and take a dim view of folks coming here just to make a sale of some stuff they bought at an estate sale. This is a site for cast bullet shooters and not a market place.

We have had a spate of folk here lately who are just here to sell stuff..that is a no-no.

BCB
09-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Yep, you have to be a member for at least 30 days and have posted 25 relevant posts...

Guess you got 1 to your required 25. Twenty-four more to go, that is if you have been a member for 30 days or more...

Sounds like a nice amount of molds and handles to sell, but rules are rules...

Good-luck...BCB

xr650
09-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Looks like KMK joined December 2010.
He should be good to go on Swappin' & Sellin'

I just read the rules for S&S. Used to be 30 days or 25 posts.
Don't know when this changed.

BCB
09-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Looks like KMK joined December 2010.
He should be good to go on Swappin' & Sellin'

But, he doesn't have the minimum number of posts that are required...

Blammer
09-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Good deal! Lets see those moulds you have for sale!

I'm interested in a 44 cal mould.
:D

Char-Gar
09-09-2011, 05:04 PM
If it is legal, and it look like it is..then list then and we will jump on them.

Cariboo
09-09-2011, 05:49 PM
now if I could only convince kmk1012 to post after 9:00PM PDT :bigsmyl2:

Alchemist
09-09-2011, 05:54 PM
kmk1012

Welcome to madness! If you can only check in once every week or ten days....why not list a mould per session on an auction basis, with the high bid at cutoff time being the winner. You may even get a better price for the mould that you thought possible. Just a thought.

EDK
09-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Good deal! Lets see those moulds you have for sale!

I'm interested in a 44 cal mould.
:D

Don't you have one of every one ever made! LOL

Roundnoser
09-09-2011, 07:59 PM
kmk1012

Welcome to madness! If you can only check in once every week or ten days....why not list a mould per session on an auction basis, with the high bid at cutoff time being the winner. You may even get a better price for the mould that you thought possible. Just a thought.

Now there's a good idea! I would have thought of that first, but uh, er...it would have taken me a little bit longer.:shock:

Thats a win-win. He only has to check the site once per week and will get a fair price on the molds...And we all get a crack at 'em.

sig2009
09-09-2011, 08:05 PM
I need a 9mm mold. What have you got?

Castlead
09-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Kinda sounds like your new to casting. My advice is to hold on to them for a while, you never know what the future brings. Might find yourself saying "I have a mold for that....oh Cr&p not any more"

hornsurgeon
09-09-2011, 09:17 PM
i guess if you twist my arm i would fork out $100 for all and then you would't have to worry about it anymore.

:grin:

I recently came into a whole bunch of new and used Lyman molds, I'm only keeping a couple of them. I was thinking ebay or something, there is over 30 molds and more than 20 handles. I really don't get to check my computer but maybe once or twice a week. Any advice will help. Thanks, this sight has been a great place to lurk for a long time with tons of info learned! I just can't get involved into too many threads as my time can be limited at times.

nvbirdman
09-09-2011, 09:30 PM
I thought you weren't allowed to auction things in the swappin' and sellin' section.

MT Gianni
09-09-2011, 10:22 PM
You can sell by whichever means you wish, auction, fixed price or anything else.

selmerfan
09-10-2011, 09:07 AM
It's been interesting to watch established members learn about the S&S rules that they previously only thought they "knew", myself included, as this discussion has progressed. Maybe an educational sticky here?

4719dave
09-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Okay im ready were's the list ?? lol

kmk1012
09-14-2011, 06:48 PM
OK, so after reading all the previous posts do I make a seperate post for all the molds or one single post that I update on a regular basis? Yes, I haven't posted alot but, I have read a ton of posts from here while learning to cast. What kind of value are these worth?

Blammer
09-14-2011, 07:20 PM
depends on how you're going to sell them.

if you're going to auction each one, then you'll need a seperate post for each.

If it's a flat post on price, first come first serve, you will have to determine the price.

Pretty hard to recommend prices on something we've not seen and want to buy, two strikes against you already. :D (ex, ah yea that 358009 2C lyman isn't worth much, probably $20 shipping included... )

jandbn
09-14-2011, 07:30 PM
kmk1012,

As blammer said and if you are not checking your posts often as you mentioned in the beginning thread, be sure to mention that in the post(s).

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-14-2011, 07:48 PM
OK, so after reading all the previous posts do I make a seperate post for all the molds or one single post that I update on a regular basis? Yes, I haven't posted alot but, I have read a ton of posts from here while learning to cast. What kind of value are these worth?

Successful selling isn't as easy as it sounds.
knowing the value is important if you looking to profit.
Many second-hand Lyman molds are worth about half price of New,
some of the rare ones might go for double (on e-bay, not necessarliy here).

In recent years some Lyman molds have been machined slightly undersize,
this is not desirable. knowing exactly what they cast
and advertising that, helps for a successful sale with a Happy
customer and a happy seller.
Posting photos is a big plus to show condition, that takes time.

If you post alot of items all at the same time,
whether in the same post or separate posts, it can
get confusing, and it's easy to ship a mold to a wrong
address or make some other mistake.

Shipping... for the most part, USPS flat rate boxes are the cheapest way to ship.
Pack them well, wire or tie-wrap the mold halves together so
there is little or no chance of damaging the cavity sides of the mold halves.

a little plug for myself, I am looking for a 410028 mold if you have one.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=127362
Jon

kmk1012
09-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Thanks for all the info, I will get a complete list together and put it in the swappin an selling section. The whole auction deal sounds a little too confusing. I'll post on this thread when I get a complete list togther on the other thread side of here.

TXGunNut
09-14-2011, 11:00 PM
If you don't want to take the time to market them individually you may want to post an accurate description of the whole list and try to sell as a lot. You won't get a maximum return but you'll have very little time invested. New owner can keep what he wants & peddle the rest if he so desires.

alamogunr
09-15-2011, 09:18 AM
Shipping... for the most part, USPS flat rate boxes are the cheapest way to ship.
Pack them well, wire or tie-wrap the mold halves together so
there is little or no chance of damaging the cavity sides of the mold halves.

Having experienced receiving a mold that was packed loose, I would add that this is a must.