PDA

View Full Version : lyman media

edsmith
09-05-2011, 01:56 PM
what is lyman media made from. thanks guys

chuebner
09-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Depends on the type. Lyman uses corn cob and nutshell with and without rouge. Personally I like the untreated and add Barkeeper's Friend and a couple tbs. mineral spirits.

charlie

mold maker
09-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Petco lizard litter is the same thing as Midway ubtreated nut hull. It is used to clean the brass. Ground cob, with a little NuFinish car wax/cleaner, will make it sparkle, better than new.

G__Fred
10-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Another place for untreated walnut media is Harbor Fright, in the abrasive / blasting section.

milprileb
10-03-2011, 09:34 AM
What size grit of walnut media should one be looking for. Often times the bags just state that size and they are not plastic so one cannot see size of media. I once bought 20 pound of a larger walnut hull stuff that worked but it was a real drama at times to get out of cases after tumbling.

Thank you.

mongo
10-03-2011, 01:55 PM
The walnut media at petsmart is pretty fine, A little pricey for a small bag I think. Its in the reptile supply area. They use it for lizard litter.

Mike Kerr
10-04-2011, 09:57 PM
I received some Lyman treated Corn media as a "throw in" on a multi item purchase, just last month. Their media works pretty good, I thought it was hype before I tried it but it did a very good job.

regards,

:grin::grin::grin: