PDA

View Full Version : handgun scope

ubetcha
09-05-2011, 08:34 AM
I have a T/C Contender with a Tasco Pro-Class scope with target turrents.The second to last I.H.M.S.A silhouette match I shot a 39x40.Missed one chicken.My fault.At my last match I shot a 24x40.Same load.Same gun.Only I did find that my scope was loose.Not extremely loose but could move it with some effort.I will check and reset scope but if it's some internal fault ( crosshairs seemed to be at an angle more than the entire scope) what brand of scope would be recommended.I do prefer target turrents because I do change my sight settings at the four different yrd/meter target distances.Looking through some of the shooting supply cataloges,I don't see any with target turrents.Still scratching my head as to why I shot an almost perfect score at one match and having a loose scope at the next:???:

bobthenailer
09-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Those old Tasco Pro Class pistol scopes are good scopes i have 4 of them and never had any problems with mine .
IF you think you might need repairs look up ABO scope repair in FL they repair most of Tasco scopes for $25.00 I have sent back a Optima twice and my brother sent back a PP5 for repairs and all 3 times the repair charge was $25.00.

leadman
09-05-2011, 11:49 AM
I like the Leupold and Burris scopes. I have the Ballistic Plex in the Burris and it is great for hunting, don't know if it would work for you though.

My Leupold does have a finger adjustable target turret on the elevation. If they don't offer this on new scopes it can be fitted at the factory. The info is on the website IIRC in the Custom Shop area.

I also have an older Simmons 7X with target turrets. Really nice scope if you can find one.

You might want to look at www.natchezss.com as they have many brands of scopes. They also offer blemished and refurbished scopes with warranties.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
09-05-2011, 03:22 PM
I realise some folk have OK results with Tasco, but have been there once and done that and won't go back.

You do get what you pay for in most cases. I bought an under $100 trashco scope, and that is exactly what I got, Well/far less then a hundred dollars worth of quality!!!!

With the new .22 I put on a Leupold 3X9 EFR at something over $300 and did indeed get a scope well worth the price. VERY Clear, VERY sharp, paralax free at set distances on the A.O..

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot