PDA

View Full Version : Digging in the basement

Izzoquazzo
09-04-2011, 09:16 PM
I've been out of the hobby for some 25-30 years. Just getting back in ala Cowboy Action shooting and went digging in the basement to see what I didn't sell off back then. Seems I kept most of my reloading stuff except my Lyman Turret press. Anywho, I found 5 Lyman boolit moulds from back then. Looks like a couple of them are no longer made and at least one other is a single cavity which isn't available anymore. Just for grins here's the list:

1. 358477 (Single Cavity) 150gr Keith Style
2. 358432 (Dbl. Cav.) 148gr Wadcutter (discontinued)
3. 429348 (Single) 180gr Wadcutter (discontinued)
4. 429421 (Dbl.) 245gr Keith
5. 454616 (Single) TC 245gr Maxi-Ball

Oh yeah, and I found my old SAECO Model 24 Furnace. Time to find some lead.

:guntootsmiley:

22Short
09-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Keep looking! There's powder and primers in the Jeep!

WILCO
09-05-2011, 11:51 AM
I've been out of the hobby for some 25-30 years.

Welcome back to the hobby! Glad you found this place. [smilie=s:

Izzoquazzo
09-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I read that thread after I started this one. There's two Jeeps and a Harley in my garage too. I should go out and clean them.

Thumbcocker
09-05-2011, 03:22 PM
When I straighten in my loading area it's almost like going to a gun show. I always find stuff I forgot I had. I have tried to get Mrs. Thumbcokcer to take the same view on her sho collection but no luck so far.

10x
09-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Yeah, I read that thread after I started this one. There's two Jeeps and a Harley in my garage too. I should go out and clean them.

I have a 62 650 norton, an 850 Commando, a 65 Atlas, a 78 wing, and a 81 CB650 in my garage that I haven't seen for years.... No Jeeps though. My dad had one in the early 1950s and the cost to keep it on the road were astronomical.

09-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Remodled the office into my man cave/reloading room/hidey hole and found things that I had forgotten about years ago. Putting things into stacked old kitchen cabinets and actually labeling what is in them. Categorizing stuff this time--that way I can forget whole sections-lol. Got the old "ham" and CB base things into a Faraday container and that has cleared off a nice area of the desk. Stuff does accumulate, then pile up, then it starts sliding off-lol.
Bought a '79 Jeep Comando several yrs ago from a gent's barn. He had it under a tarp and just wanted it gone. Picked up an old "boss hog" Lincoln Continental close to the same way. Yahoo, found a parts car just the other day for it sitting in high grass behind an old fenced in closed garage. Got it and a Chevy doolie for $300. Just love folks who need room for other junk-lol. Now just have to hide things from my wife so she doesn't skin me for bringing home my "treasures".

uscra112
09-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Being a pack rat is like having Alzheimer's. You keep meeting new stuff every day !

x101airborne
09-07-2011, 09:21 PM
I had a mentally challenged buddy in high school who made a fairly healthy living cleaning out barns, building fence, clearing brush, etc. He called me one day to bring a trailer and help him with a car. I showed up and helped him load a 1957 chevy convertible on my trailer. He traded the price of cleaning out the barn for the car. I fronted him the 5 grand to put it on the road again and he sold it for 65,000.00 the day it came out of the shop. I have always felt the money he made maybe earned me a place in the afterlife "not so hot". I did not ask for or make a dime on helping him. He did repay me in a timely manner and we are still friends. I am glad that "God" gave him that opportunity and I was able to help.

BTW.... you guys need some help cleaning out your garages and shops, let me know!! I need another jeep. Just Empty Every Pocket. J.E.E.P.

Cherokee
09-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Just yesterday, I shot some loads I put together back in 1978. Still shoot good too. Never know what you will find.