PDA

View Full Version : Need help on these 2 molds.

DenverDuck
09-04-2011, 04:05 PM
I picked up these molds on a bulk buy and need some help with them. They are a spring loaded and after I had poured in the lead I can't get the bullet to release and come out. I tried pushing on the spring for the hollow base and it just does not want to come out. It sticks to the spring loaded plunger.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? There are no names or marks to know what they are or what size. I measured the one on the left and it is about .510 or so. They are solid steel and to me look very well constructed.

Many thanks in advance.... Duck

#### Update. I took your advice and whacked them. The one on the right popped right out. The one on the left with the handles did not. There was a bit of lead underneath the pin which was holding it in tight. I replaced the spring to put more tension on the pin and I'll fire up the furnace tomorrow and see if that will resolve the problem.

Many thanks for the assistance.....

Dennis Eugene
09-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Man, I'm waiting on a reply from some one on this one. Very interesting.

Nueces
09-04-2011, 04:29 PM
An early thing to investigate would be burrs or roughness on the hollow base pin.

Cool moulds.

Mark

turbo1889
09-04-2011, 06:18 PM
It isn’t mine; but I suspect someone has hacked my CAD files.

If it is anything like my design you open the mold upside down over your drop area and give the spring loaded pin a solid smack with your sprue cutting stick and the hollow base pin should pop the boolit off the pin when it springs back into its socket on the return.

Dennis Eugene
09-04-2011, 07:11 PM
AHHH, now that sounds logical.

Johnch
09-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Wow that .510 mold looks interesting

John