PDA

View Full Version : SP 101 spring changing

cabezaverde
01-26-2007, 10:22 PM
I just bought a set of Wolfe springs for my SP 101. Any one have any tips for changing the hammer or trigger return springs?

TCLouis
01-26-2007, 10:29 PM
I think it shares a common trigger group/design with the SRH. If you are in there replacing things wear safety glasses and watch for the plunger and plunger spring. they leave at Mach 1 of above and are REALLY SMALL.

C A Plater
01-26-2007, 10:53 PM
I like to put a towel or rag over the top of the spring when I "disarm" the spring. It keeps it from bouncing off the ceiling and into the darkest most inaccessible portion of the room.

cabezaverde
01-26-2007, 10:55 PM
How do you compress the new one when you "re-arm" it?

GP100man
01-27-2007, 09:18 PM
which spring trig or hammer?
when replacing the trigger spring take out both plungers & smooth the hole
i used a drill bit & lapping compound, this will smooth out any gritty feel.
when replacing the hammer spring take note of the strut, its easy to turn around.
i place the end of the strut on a piece of soft wood or vice ,then grab the strut seat with needle nose pliers & hold on tite!!
smooth up the strut itll help.
GP
ps. work in a gallon zip lock bag you can see thru the bag & keep parts where you can find um !!!!

Nueces
01-27-2007, 11:22 PM
What a great idea. Last week I disassembled a .32 PP magazine so I could use the finger piece on one of my .22 mags. Yup, sproing...ping-ping-ping. Like BBs in a phone booth. Still haven't found the little pin. Just hope I recall what it is when I do find it.

Nice suggestion.
Mark

ps. work in a gallon zip lock bag you can see thru the bag & keep parts where you can find um !!!!