PDA

View Full Version : RotoMetals Labor Day Sale...

Sonnypie
09-03-2011, 12:21 AM
Is anybody else taking advantage of RotoMetals Labor Day Sale?
10% off if you use the word patriot during check-out.
Sale is over on Monday, and only on web orders.

I just ordered more Lyman #2 formula.
By the time I tin up magnum shot to 5% tin it is within $7 per pot of just buying it certified from RotoMetals.

The mailman is beginning to hate my guts. He thought the last order was bricks.

cbrick
09-03-2011, 12:47 AM
Hhmmm . . . And he has a problem with bricks?

Rick

9.3X62AL
09-03-2011, 01:07 AM
My last FRB alloy shipment (Monotype) took the form of a note to pick the metal up at the Post Office. Fine by me, really. I show up with a hand cart, and they take me right to it.

plmitch
09-03-2011, 01:11 AM
Those PO people have no sense of humor sometimes.

edler7
09-03-2011, 02:11 AM
The mailman is beginning to hate my guts. He thought the last order was bricks.

You would think with as much lead as most mailmen have in their butts, they would recognize it immediately.

bumpo628
09-03-2011, 02:17 AM
Sometimes I think my mailman used to compete in the shot-put by the way my packages are chucked onto my porch. You can tell they've been dropped by the spill pattern of the contents. Yep, I know for a fact that my mailman hates me.

NoZombies
09-03-2011, 02:21 AM
My mailman just smiles and says "looks like more stuff for your 'rock collection' is here" I apologized once, and his response was "well, as long as people are shipping, I keep my job, no need to apologize"

He gets my vote for best mailman ever.

Back on topic, I'm thinking about getting some of their woods metal for chamber casting, as I can't seem to find the stuff that I had.

Sonnypie
09-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Hhmmm . . . And he has a problem with bricks?

Rick

Let me rephrase that.... LOL!
No pun intended C brick. Which I just figured out is Cast Boolits Rick
Sorry, sometimes I'm a little slow on the uptake. :veryconfu

Well, that what he said to the wife. I guess he doesn't (up till now) have many heavy deliveries.
So I upped it 5 pounds more than last time. :shock:

Sonnypie
09-03-2011, 09:02 AM
You would think with as much lead as most mailmen have in their butts, they would recognize it immediately.

[smilie=l:
You guys are making me LOL!
There's people trying to sleep, I'll have you know.

Carolina Cast Bullets
09-03-2011, 09:11 AM
"If it fits, it ships"

Jerry
Carolina Cast Bullets

Sonnypie
09-03-2011, 09:13 AM
My mailman just smiles and says "looks like more stuff for your 'rock collection' is here" I apologized once, and his response was "well, as long as people are shipping, I keep my job, no need to apologize"

He gets my vote for best mailman ever.

Back on topic, I'm thinking about getting some of their woods metal for chamber casting, as I can't seem to find the stuff that I had.

We had a good one for a while.
But our neighborhood is a walking route. Can't be driven because some are porch deliveries, and some are like ours on the curb.
"If it fits, it ships. Up to 70 pounds."
I bet they hate that figure sometimes. I bet they never figured on somebody ordering unformed (raw state) bullets by the ton. :groner:

Wanted to share a good opportunity with everybody. :idea:

ColColt
09-03-2011, 02:32 PM
My mailman should be given the mailman of the year award. He knows I order lead, etc as he's a reloader himself. He doesn't leave the package on the front porch for me to carry downstairs and out into the garage, he brings it to the back of the garage door so I only have to move it maybe ten feet. Maybe I should get him a gift certificate to Red Lobster.

9.3X62AL
09-03-2011, 02:51 PM
He's a jewel, ColColt. Treat him to some boolits in a caliber he reloads.

ColColt
09-03-2011, 10:36 PM
I gave him the boolits I had plus a 500 bag of W-W brass since I don't load for the 40 S&W anymore. He was quite pleased...and so was my back!

jonas302
09-05-2011, 05:14 PM
I told our mail lady who is a good Friend and very dedicated post office employee to just give me a call when the lead came so she didn't have to handle it few days later she shows up here with it won't even let me get it out of the car for her hands it to me and says be careful its very heavy(: Then goes on to say the rules require that a postal delivery be capable of lifting the 70 pound limit

geargnasher
09-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Yep, they're ALL supposed to be able to lift and carry 70 lbs, it's in the union rules for the post office employee job description. I hold the barsteds to it, too.

Our rural carrier is a 5'2" blonde cowgirl that weighs about 120 lbs in my estimate, and she can fit a 68-lb large FRB all the way to the back of our mailbox, along with the letters. Her way of getting back at me!

Gear