PDA

View Full Version : Who would have thought ...

sleeper1428
09-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Several years ago I had the opportunity to take the young son of a distant in-law deer and elk hunting on a number of occasions. Lots of fun and he seemed to get a real kick out of it. That was over a dozen years ago and although I don't hunt anymore, that young man, who has been employed by Les Schwab (vendor of tires and many other auto repair services) for a number of years, now supplies me with whatever WW he can get his hands on, often four to eight 1 gallon buckets full at a time and usually on a two to three week schedule. A lot of steel weights and some zinc weights are mixed in - last week I sorted through 8 half full 5 gallon buckets that I'd gotten from him and ended up with two 3/4 full 5 gallon buckets of lead WW plus one 1/4 full 5 gallon bucket of stick-on WW's - but since he refuses to allow me to pay him for the WW's, I certainly can't complain. Just goes to show you that taking a kid hunting can, on rare occasion, have some unexpected and welcome results down the road!

sleeper1428

slide
09-02-2011, 06:32 PM
What goes around comes around!