PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat recipes?

Twinkiethekid
09-01-2011, 05:41 PM
LOl, I got a bobcat too for the first time and the fish and game give you 5 tags for $15. Do people eat Bobcat? Or are they only good for there pelts and that's it?
I hate to waste the meat if it is good to eat. Just wondering what people do with it Thank you!

Twinkiethekid
09-01-2011, 09:11 PM
LOl! I am a little leary. I wonder what they do with mountain lion meat? I know they eat lion steaks in africa. Wonder if bobcat tastes the same. I'm a eat what I harvest kinda guy.

kodiak1
09-01-2011, 09:29 PM
There are people that eat Cougar.
My self I am not into anything cat!

Ken.

JeffinNZ
09-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Don't cook it yourself. Drop it into your local Thai restaurant and have them do it.................

Red River Rick
09-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Don't cook it yourself. Drop it into your local Thai restaurant and have them do it.................

Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! I hear that California Condor tastes really good as well.

RRR

mongo
09-01-2011, 11:15 PM
I wonder how my neighbors cat would taste if I breaded it and fried it, lol

waksupi
09-01-2011, 11:25 PM
I've ate cougar, and it isn't bad, although I don't care for the texture. Most any BBQ recipe would work, or slow cooker with some spuds and onions.

plmitch
09-01-2011, 11:29 PM
I wonder how my neighbors cat would taste if I breaded it and fried it, lol

I tried it once, coughed up a hair ball and collar.

Triggerhappy
09-01-2011, 11:33 PM
A sheriffs deputy friend of mine likes to hunt mountain lion. I had some smoked lion meat last May and it was awesome. Really good, couldn't get enough of it. Would have to try bobcat given the opportunity.

TH

L Ross
09-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Perrault's fur trade journals said cat made a reasonable substutute for pork. I had some corned bobcat. It was from an enormous 42 lb. tom. I told the man who shot and prepared the meal to neuter the cat a couple of years before shooting the next one.

Duke

firefly1957
09-02-2011, 08:33 PM
He did not cover bob cat But in the 1830's Darwin wrote of his trip around the world on the British ship the Beagle. While in south America he ate both cougar and Jaguar and if memory serves right liked cougar. The book "Voyage of the Beagle" was rather interesting with many of his observations about the trip.

RugerFan
09-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! I hear that California Condor tastes really good as well.

RRR

I love condor. Tastes like spotted owl.

9.3X62AL
09-03-2011, 02:23 PM
i love condor. Tastes like spotted owl.

roflmao!!

Twinkiethekid
09-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Hahaha funny stuff! Yeah them Thai restaurants make some good cat I am sure I already tried it under the impression that it was beef! AnYbody heared this joke before?

Judge: young man, it says here you shot and killed a Califorina Condor. How do you plead? Defendant: Guilty your honor. Judge: GUILTY!? Don't you know how endangered these condors are? There are hardly any left at all. Defendant: Yes sir, I know, but I had to feed my family, we're so poor. Judge: That's no excuse. I fine you 30 days in jail. By the way, what does California Condor taste like? Defendant: It's real good, kinda like a cross between Bald Eagle and Whooping Crane!

Don't know if I will try bobcat. Thank you for your input!