PDA

View Full Version : Parker Hale Globe Sight

Uncle Grinch
01-25-2007, 11:35 PM
Is anyone familiar with this globe front sight set-up? How does it compare to the Lyman #17?

I'm working up a cast boolit Twede rifle.

http://www.sarcoinc.com/miscellaneous.html

Parker Hale Globe Type Front Sights - Parker Hale top of the line Globe Front Target Sights from their finest match rifle:

Large mounting lock screw
Marked with the famous Parker Hale logo
Anshutz size tube. 13/16" diameter rube
With 1 insert large 5/8" I.D. globe - Retail value $40.00
Originally used on Parker Hale MK II & International target rifles.
Complete with dovetail base. Introductory Price... $16.50, 3 for $44.50 PH005
Also available with a set of 10 different inserts at... $28.50, 3 for $79.50 PH018

Frank46
01-26-2007, 03:54 AM
Just checked out the sarco site. The prices are very good, plus you have the chance to get all ten inserts. Sould be a pretty good deal. While you could get the lyman 17 or the larger #20 they do not come with as many inserts. And there is no way you could get a redfield olympic or international big bore front globe sight for that amount of money. Go for it!!!!!!!!!!.Let us know how you made out. Frank

fourarmed
01-26-2007, 12:44 PM
I had a P-H front on an ex-GI 513-T. It was a good sight - larger than a 17 - but I had only one insert, and I don't believe Anschutz inserts fit the model I had. I swapped it to a buddy who had one just like it with inserts. I replaced it with a Lyman 20.

MT Gianni
01-26-2007, 06:28 PM
I'll go for one with the inserts if you can find a third guy or want two. I don't see a heighth on it but if you just get one would you report with the height? Thanks Gianni.

Uncle Grinch
01-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Sounds like what I want and there seems to not be any negative feedback.

I wonder if Sarco discounts items like this for C&R FFL holders?

I'll call them Monday and order one.

Wayne Smith
01-27-2007, 09:35 PM
It's probably different than the one I have on my BSA International MK III, but Brownells carries the inserts for that one.