PDA

View Full Version : Thanks MARLIN !!!

Chuck 100 yd
01-25-2007, 11:15 PM
I bought a new Marlin 1894SS .44 mag. off of GunBroker a couple months ago.
This rifle had a dark line running down the center of one groove from the breech almost all the way to the muzzle. It shot jackets very well but leaded badly with cast but would group the first 4 or 5 from a clean barrel into 1 1/5" at 50 yd.
I took a chamber and muzzle cast and found the bore to be .4315 or about .002 over spec.
I sent the rifle back to marlin on Dec.27th. The were shut down over the Christmas holidays until Jan.3
I sent them a polite but to the point letter explaining my problem and enclosed it with the rifle. I watched the USPS tracking and after they had it for a week, I called to find out what they intended to do for me.
The lady I spoke with said it had been repaired and was on its way home.:-D
It was in my hands 16 days after they had received it and it was on the UPS truck for 7 of those days.
They replaced the barrel, function and test fired and cleaned it under warranty.
The new barrel is a nice .4285 slick and uniform bore.:-D

To say I am pleased is not enough. Now she will shoot cast!!!:-D :-D :-D
Thanks Marlin!!!!

PatMarlin
01-26-2007, 12:41 AM
We aim to please... :mrgreen: :drinks:

9.3X62AL
01-26-2007, 12:58 AM
I like stories with happy endings. Good to see an old-line riflemaker doing the right things for the right reasons.

lar45
01-26-2007, 01:18 AM
How do the Marlin 1894s compare with the Rossi/Puma M92?

454PB
01-26-2007, 01:34 AM
I own one of each. I consider them equal, although the Marlin side ejects and is easy to disassemble, which is preferable to me. The Puma is stronger, since .454 Casull is SAAMI rated at 65K.

NickSS
01-26-2007, 06:09 AM
I have both and like the Marlin as it has an edge on accuracy (at least the one I own. I also like the Puma except for the rear sight it came with. I use the Puma for CAS shooting and the Marlin for hunting as I can fit a scope on it easily while this is not true of the Puma. The Puma is definately lighter in weight but neither is exactly heavy.