PDA

View Full Version : rb add a pistol grip

kokomokid
08-31-2011, 09:08 AM
I see that pedersoli has a add on pistol grip for their trapdoor. I just wanted to know if anyone has tried putting one on a rem rolling block ?

leadman
08-31-2011, 10:42 AM
The pedersoli Creedmore model has a pistol grip stock. I have one. The tang is bent down to match the stock.
I have also seen cast brass added to the stock to form a pistol grip.

montana_charlie
08-31-2011, 12:21 PM
You might consider the style used on Sharps rifles ...

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv203/montana_charlie/PistolGrip-1.jpg

CM

kokomokid
09-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Thanks , looking at the shiloh site is kinda like being in a Harley D showroom. Sure think a pistol grip would help on shooting chickens.

montana_charlie
09-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Thanks , looking at the shiloh site is kinda like being in a Harley D showroom.
Well, the Sharps in my picture is a Pedersoli, and the pistol grip is home made.

But that type of PG should mount on a rolling block, I would think.

CM

ShootingLooney
09-02-2011, 12:27 PM
I have a RB, (probably 1880-ish), that I had a cast grip welded onto, not in any manner a factory original design, but with my severly damaged hand and artheritis, I needed something to hold onto. Some might say SACRILIGIOUS, some do say UGLY, but I say I CAN SHOOT HER at leastpretty well now.
A few years back, at a gun show, I found some cast grips that I was told were made for Trapdoors before 1900. Don't kow, cannot verify. But with just a bit of expedient fitting they can fit onto RB straight grip stocks, and Sharps.
If you are not worried about originality and just want to make the beast more controlable, get a chunk of wood and make one that fits your hand. My first attempt was a PG cut off a broke shotgun stock, and fitted to a Sharps. Looked whacky, worked GREAT.
I will try to get a shot and post them, if you are still interested, let me know.