PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm in trouble...

lead-1
08-30-2011, 07:23 PM
I took the youngest out to shoot some war guns as he calls them, M1 Garand, M1 carbine and the 1911. He has always said he didn't know why such a heavy gun like the Garand would be so good and that he would rather have the M1 carbine, he also always said that he would rather have a Glock 21 than a 1911 (he has shot my 21).
He starts with the M1 carbine and says "this puny thing is no different than shooting a .22" Then he tries that heavy old Garand and after one clip he is liking that rifle "whole biggy bunches" (old saying around here, lol). He then tells me I can shoot the carbine all I want and shoots up all the '06 himself, so I ask him if he is sure that I can shoot my own rifle and ammo, lol.
He took a serious liking to the 1911 also but he still likes the Glock better so at least I'll get to shoot one of the .45's, lol.

He is the youngest at sixteen but has always had a little different taste in firearms but I think it was mostly just to be different than me. It has been "AK this" and "AK that" for several years but I think that today he became the fan of a new firearm.
I also told him not to knock the carbine just yet that most of the trouble he was having was my fault, I loaded some generic loads with a LEE loader and had some fail to feed issues, they may be loaded a little too long and a little to light in the powder area.
But hey we had fun.

Jal5
08-31-2011, 02:06 PM
Good for you! That sounds like great fun.
Joe

WILCO
08-31-2011, 11:19 PM
But hey we had fun.

Keep building memories brother. They're worth more than anything in this world.

crabo
08-31-2011, 11:26 PM
That's a good problem to have.

plmitch
08-31-2011, 11:30 PM
Always a good time taking kids out to shoot. Some of the best times I spent with my Dad.

mongo
09-01-2011, 02:11 AM
I took my youngest to the range when she was 11. We would go at least every other week but every week in the summer. Now she is 21 and can outshoot just about everybody at the gun club. The one thing that changed is now she drives and buys me lunch. Tommy

lead-1
09-02-2011, 02:35 AM
We've been to the range many times and he has a pretty good start to his own collection of firearms. But since he has been wanting to shoot the , dare I say it, safe queens he is starting to divvie up "my" guns between him and his older brother, lol.
I asked him the other day if I could shoot one of my rifles while he was in school and he told me to just wait till he gets home, the wife started laughing so I reminded her that he has a key to her car on his ring.
BTW, he is 16 and if he wasn't an A-B student I'd kick his butt, lol.