PDA

View Full Version : I have been notified!!!

GARCIA
08-30-2011, 04:34 PM
:smile:Was notified today that my 1886 Winchester/Miroku is ready to ship to me from Turnbull Manufacturing!!!

I know it's not true unless you post pictures of the rifle but I will do that when it gets in.

Now the real hard part sets in. Waiting for my FFL holder to notify me that it's in!!

Tom

crabo
08-30-2011, 06:23 PM
What did you have done?

no34570
08-30-2011, 06:39 PM
What calibre is it?
And pictures please when it comes in;)

Now the real hard part sets in. Waiting for my FFL holder to notify me that it's in!!
Yeah,I hate it when you have to wait for a long time for something you dream about all the time........umm,err,well you know what I mean.
Like my uncle used to say" I wish god would give me patience,RIGHT BLOODY NOW!",he used to make us laugh.
I would love a rifle of a 1886,hhmmmmmmm sweet!

GARCIA
08-30-2011, 08:42 PM
Rifle was rechambered from 45-70 to 45-90.
Rebounding hammer and safety was removed and the hammer was recut to make it a half-cock like an original.
Some metal parts blued and the receiver and small parts color case hardened.

Tom

ReloaderFred
08-30-2011, 09:35 PM
That's good news, Tom. By the time it gets there, you should have a pretty good idea where you want to start with load development.

Fred

no34570
08-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Rebounding hammer and safety was removed and the hammer was recut to make it a half-cock like an original.

Tom
Sounds so sweet!

GARCIA
08-31-2011, 04:49 AM
Reloader Fred, I could of never gotten it together without your help!!

The offer for some Southern BBQ, a fried pie and some sweet tea still stands if you ever make it out this way!!

Tom

Lloyd Smale
08-31-2011, 07:26 AM
its going to be beautiful, i can tell you that. I have a 4570 marlin that had a bunch of custom work done by clements and then was sent to turnbul to case harded the reciever hammer and trigger and its just flat out beautiful!

Tom

Ed in North Texas
08-31-2011, 07:51 AM
Just to make sure I understand this, was this already your rifle and you are having it worked on? Or is it a new rifle which you had shipped directly to Turnbull before you ever took possession of the rifle?

What I'm trying to understand is, if you had the rifle in your possession before you shipped it to Turnbull, why is a dealer involved in the return at all? I wouldn't think GA is as backward as CA about firearms transactions and would not have a statute requirement that the return come through an FFL.

GARCIA
08-31-2011, 08:27 PM
Purchased from a dealer out in Colorado. It was BNIB and shipped to Turnbull for the work.

My two boys have been fighting over the original 86 Winchester that I have. Been passed down in the family to the oldest son for the last three generations. Counting me it would be the fourth generation.

The oldest boy will get the original and the youngest the newest one.

Tom

Ed in North Texas
09-01-2011, 05:14 AM
Purchased from a dealer out in Colorado. It was BNIB and shipped to Turnbull for the work.

My two boys have been fighting over the original 86 Winchester that I have. Been passed down in the family to the oldest son for the last three generations. Counting me it would be the fourth generation.

The oldest boy will get the original and the youngest the newest one.

Tom

Thanks. That was the only way it made sense (except maybe for CA). Now you are starting a new family tradition - at least as long as there are 2 siblings. Enjoy the rifle.

GARCIA
09-02-2011, 07:38 AM
UPS will be delivering it to my dealer on Tuseday.
Pictures will be up the same night!

Tom