PDA

View Full Version : Prvi Partizan primer comparable to what?

NuJudge
08-30-2011, 04:19 PM
I bought a large amount of primed Prvi Partizan/PPU brass in 7.5x55. I've used a lot of their ammo, and a lot of unprimed brass, but never their primed brass.

Has anyone ever loaded their primed brass, fired it, then loaded it with US primers and fired it again with the same load, and noticed any difference in Velocity, Accuracy, Groups, or any other outcome?

John Boy
08-30-2011, 06:36 PM
No but why don't you do it and let us know the results

Maven
08-30-2011, 07:23 PM
NJ, I purchased 5 or 6 boxes of loaded Hansen/Privi Partizan 7.62 x 54R ammo years ago for the brass. I kept the powder (45gr. extruded type/cartridge), but used it as a reduced load (30gr.) with Ly. #314299. After firing some of those, I reloaded with the same reduced powder charge and Win. LR primers. There was NO difference in accuracy or where the shots landed on the target. After I ran out of the Hansen powder, I used 24gr. IMR 4198 with -299 with both Hansen/Privi- and WLR primers, but found no differences worthy of mention. Unless Privi- has changed the composition or specs. for their primers, I don't think you'll see any differences either.

NuJudge
08-31-2011, 06:33 AM
Excellent. Precisely what I was looking for.