PDA

View Full Version : Problem with a Master-Caster

Bucolic
08-28-2011, 01:42 AM
I've got an older model Master-Caster, I don't know just how old as I bought it used from a shooter's widow. She knew nothing about reloading or casting.
Anyway, my problem is the pour-spout leaks. I've tried cleaning out the bottom of the pot, polishing the tip of the pour-spout rod and turning a hand-held drill bit in the hole that the rod fits in. None of this has cured the dripping spout.
Any ideas?

sargenv
08-28-2011, 01:51 AM
The problem I have with a new master caster is not only does it drip, but when it hits pour temp, all of it leaks out in one stream.. there is no turning it off... I have yet to pull it completely apart to clean it.. if I were you I'd contact the folks that make it and work with them..

Beau Cassidy
09-04-2011, 12:28 PM
You are going to have to completely take the stem and assembly out. What has happened is a small collection of stuff has gathered in the beveled area that you can't get out unless it is taken apart and scrubbed well. I have to do this to mine about once a year.

L Ross
09-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Once in a while I get a dripping nozzle and when I do I just let the finger lever snap back instead of easing it back and my leak stops.

Duke