PDA

View Full Version : I got some new muscles!

Three-Fifty-Seven
08-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Exercise!

Three44s
08-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Congrats on your new safe!!

Congrats on getting that heavy bugger where you wanted it!!!!

Three 44s

Old Goat Keeper
08-27-2011, 11:16 PM
You had better ought take you pry bar operator out to dinner! She be a keper!

T-o-m

cobroller
08-28-2011, 12:22 AM
My guess is you should have got a bigger safe.

Smart move getting the new carpet before the safe came. I had to move mine in less than a year to lay new carpet. Just went down the hall and into the only bathroom. The carpet installers were on their own if they needed a potty break.

runfiverun
08-28-2011, 12:55 AM
hope the floor will support it..

redneckdan
08-28-2011, 10:24 AM
I just REALY kinda choked when they told me it was gonna be $845 for a local company to instal it for me . . . Gonna add a layer of lead to the bottom, after I bolt it down . . . maybe today . . .

Ya, that and half the town will know you have it in there too from the installer guys yakking at the bar.

Olevern
08-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Nice safe, good you have concrete floors!

Echo
08-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Gonna add a layer of lead to the bottom, after I bolt it down . . . maybe today . . .

Shawn, do you REALLY think someone is going to come in and throw it up on their shoulder and walk off with it? I mean, we Zonies are tough, but...

oneokie
08-28-2011, 02:53 PM
What's behind the curtains to the left of the safe? Window? Patio Door? Ground level access?
Is the outside of the wall the safe is against at ground level? Vehicle accessable?

Just some things to think about.

oneokie
08-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Good thinking.

MtGun44
08-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Good to bolt it to concrete. A friend had a large, full safe (with some really, really nice
guns) literally ripped out through the stud wall. Apparently they threw a cable around it
and ran it out to the garage and hooked it to a truck and drove off at high speed. Ripped
it right through the wall and out into the street (judging from the paint scrapes) and then
picked it up into the truck and got away. Not only the loss of the guns bad, but lots of
serious carpentry and sheet rock work to get the house fixed.

I helped a friend move his safe to the basement a couple of days ago. He did a lot of pre
work, and I did the rigging and it went nicely. He's bolting his down, too.

Bill

Crash_Corrigan
09-01-2011, 12:55 PM
I have been batching it with my dog Sgt. Rambo since 2/17/09. My gun safe has been residing in the back of my ex's garage bolted to the floor.

I am concerned that the floor of my tin trailer (1964 ABC) will not have enuf strength to support a 800 lb safe so the repository of my guns will stay where it is for the forseeable future.

I keep under the radar hereabouts. No one knows that I harbor firearms nor do they know I reload nor cast boolits. They do not need to know. I have keyed deadbolts on both my exterior doors and motion lights on the perimeter of my property along with the aforementioned attack trained Chichuahua dog.

I am tight with all my neighbors and any stranger who visits is the subject of many fast telephone conversations and is kept under observation until we feel comfortable.

More than once we have had the local police respond to a suspicious vehicle or person within our park and more than once they have been led out in police provided wrist jewelry and their cars towed away never to be seen again.

On more than one night we have had to hold our 'VISITORS" at gunpoint until the tardy arrival of our local Police. Most of them are found to be potential buyers of illegal drugs that are provided by a few of our fellow trailer part residents.

Compliants to the park management and the police are met with less enthusiasm than we would like.

We had a local burglar who loved to climb over the rear 8 foot cinderblock wall so I lathered a nice thick layer of heavy axel grease on top of the wall and the problem was solved.

If he only had a car I would disable it in a variety of ways. None of them cheap to repair. Life can be tough if you are a criminal.

Beau Cassidy
09-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Good to bolt it to concrete. A friend had a large, full safe (with some really, really nice
guns) literally ripped out through the stud wall. Apparently they threw a cable around it
and ran it out to the garage and hooked it to a truck and drove off at high speed. Ripped
it right through the wall and out into the street (judging from the paint scrapes) and then
picked it up into the truck and got away. Not only the loss of the guns bad, but lots of
serious carpentry and sheet rock work to get the house fixed.

I helped a friend move his safe to the basement a couple of days ago. He did a lot of pre
work, and I did the rigging and it went nicely. He's bolting his down, too.

Bill

Something just tells me you can bolt it down with 20 bolts and it still won't stop it from getting stolen in this scenario.

No_1
09-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Bravo on the new safe, it is very nice. Who made it?

garym1a2
09-04-2011, 09:44 AM
I store a couple layers of lead in mine.