PDA

View Full Version : Creating A Poll?

metweezer
08-27-2011, 10:26 AM
How does one start a poll?

tryNto
08-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Click the New Thread Button, Scroll down you will see the Poll option, follow the prompts.

metweezer
08-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Click the New Thread Button, Scroll down you will see the Poll option, follow the prompts.

:veryconfu I don't see it. I click on new thread but don't see anything about a Poll option.

tryNto
08-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Nothing under Additional Options? middle of the page.

metweezer
08-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Nope just this:

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options
Automatically parse links in text
Disable smilies in text Attach Files
Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip
Thread SubscriptionNotification Type:
Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification Daily email notification Weekly email notification

metweezer
08-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Just went to another forum and I can start a poll on there. I have to check with the Mods and see why I can't create one here.
Thanks, Steve

dale2242
08-29-2011, 09:03 AM
At the top of the Our Town area is a Post New Thread Option.Click on that.
A new window will open. At the bottom you will have a post a poll option....dale

metweezer
08-29-2011, 11:18 AM
At the top of the Our Town area is a Post New Thread Option.Click on that.
A new window will open. At the bottom you will have a post a poll option....dale

Dale, I don't have a post poll option. I am waiting for a Mod to respond. I know what you are saying, and if I go to a different forum (rugerforum.net) I can start a poll. That option is not available to me on this forum.
Steve

wiljen
08-29-2011, 12:32 PM
That option was not enabled in the our town section. Any one other than mods/admins would not have been able to post polls in that section, it should show up fine in others.

metweezer
08-29-2011, 04:24 PM
That option was not enabled in the our town section. Any one other than mods/admins would not have been able to post polls in that section, it should show up fine in others.

Wiljen, That does not seem to be the case with me. No matter what area I go to there is no option to create a poll. Could it be that there is something in my CP area that is not enabled?
Thanks, Steve

oneokie
08-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Did you expand the "Additional Options"

tryNto
08-29-2011, 05:09 PM

I have the Poll option in Our Town.

metweezer
08-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Did you expand the "Additional Options"

The default has Additional Options already expanded.

I have the Poll option in Our Town.

All of a sudden, out of the blue, the Poll Option is there now. It's in Our Town too. Somebody has been doing something behind the scenes. Fess up you wascally wabbit.

wiljen
08-30-2011, 09:56 AM
I changed Our town to allow polls. So that explains the 2nd comment.

I have compared your credentials to tryNto and you have exactly the same ones. I'm wondering at this point if it is a cache issue. Try dumping your browser cache and see if you get a newer version of the page that contains the poll options.