PDA

View Full Version : .690 ball something diff instead of a fiber cushion

odfairfaxsub
08-26-2011, 04:20 PM
i decided to get the ball closer to the edge of the wad i desided to try dryer lint half way up the wad then take the ball and push it in moderately, i desided i didnt want to roll crimp and keep my 8 point in the loader.

the dryer lint method loads great and no unusual folding lower on one side or unreliable diameters. it looks as if it will load just as easy as a bird shot load. this will save me from buying the fiber wads as lint is easy to come by.

stubshaft
08-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Cream of Wheat!

odfairfaxsub
08-26-2011, 04:47 PM
i love cream of wheat. tell you what.

in my buckshot loads i use cow until there is a teeny tinny teeny tinny bit sitting on top of the last trifecta of 00 buck. i use a universal 8 shell, cut it down till you can see the other plastic cup and fill up to the top of that plastic cup. same amount everytime.

maybe if this lint doesnt work that well ill use it. although the lint will save me money, we shall see the performence between the two.

odfairfaxsub
08-26-2011, 07:36 PM
haha i just tried something else out

story goes as followed.............dominion desided to use the substation dept to demo the old regional operating center. i was tearing apart the womens restroom and i came across a huge box of tampons. i mean it was like 2000 of em.

i went downstairs and cut them up into 1/2 inch sections with a pair of sizzors. fluffed them up and used them as a cushion. works alot better than the lint. it puts it right there at the edge just before the center of the ball. this will work way better i bet. lol

HiVelocity
09-03-2011, 09:01 PM
................so what do you do with the string.........lol!

HV

odfairfaxsub
09-03-2011, 10:13 PM
lol i floss my teeth with it.......new string that is.

HiVelocity
09-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Lol!:bigsmyl2:

I guess if I look hard enough, I can find answers to all life's mysteries!

My wife says I spend too much time on this web site; I say, "Not enough!"

Happy Holiday Weekend!

HV

odfairfaxsub
09-04-2011, 09:45 PM
the round ball technically as i found out today loves to be shot at lower vel. instead of doing 23 grains per load data, it shot spot on at 21 grains much better. the groups shrunk id say half size. the cream of wheat worked better than the tampon but the tampon is a good choice if you find a box of them in the womens bathroom being ripped apart.