PDA

View Full Version : I find an acorn!

KCSO
08-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Talk about finding an acorn! A little while ago I am working in the shop and an old felllow I know comes in with a Winchester under his arm. Can I help you Carl?, Yeah I want to sell you this gun. I take a look and its a well worn Winchester M1892 rifle in 32-20. I run a rag down the bore and it's got nice sharp rifling with just a couple of rough spots, a real good cast bullet shootable bore. OK I am thinking here we go... Well what do you have to have for it and he gives me a price well under what it is worth so I buy it. He comes in a little later and tells me, say did I tell you that's the gun Hank Hassmann took away from Harms in the 20's? He's going to give me a letter with the gun as to who owned it and why the town marshal took it away from him in the 20's.
Then to top it off he hands me a box of 32-20's with one round missing to go with the gun. I guess I will be stripping and cleaning a 32-20 this afternoon. I did test fire the gun with cast loads and it shoots as good as I do.

Bodydoc447
08-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Congrats! My father-in-law gave me a nice little Colt revolver in 32-20 last month. We shot it a little bit with some of my cast loads. I hope you enjoy your 92 as much as I have the little Colt.

Doc

hydraulic
08-26-2011, 10:38 PM
KSCO: I suppose you are aware that it was old man Harms in that picture of Jesse James in the Devils Nest in the Lindy centennial book. CM.

StrawHat
08-27-2011, 05:35 AM
Photos would be nice.