PDA

View Full Version : The Cast Bullet Association Site

deltaenterprizes
08-25-2011, 08:24 AM
I visit this site once in a while and lately I have been getting a message that its security certificate is untrusted, anybody else experience this when visiting the site?

timkelley
08-25-2011, 09:30 AM
Nope, just checked and went right in.

Moonie
08-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Note that this can happen if the time on your computer is off, there is a time element to certs.

Catshooter
08-25-2011, 03:59 PM
I have found their site relitivley unreliable. Nothing like this one, this one rarely fails to load and load quickly.

Cat

bearcove
08-26-2011, 06:32 PM
with this site available I forget to go there.

geargnasher
08-26-2011, 09:15 PM
We have one kicka$$ server these days, a couple of years ago there were all kinds of lags and bandwidth limitations. What's CBA? :kidding:

Gear

Bad Water Bill
08-27-2011, 12:22 AM
There is another site on the internet? I never knew that.:bigsmyl2:

largom
08-27-2011, 07:12 AM
Don't need to go anywhere else but here!

Larry

metweezer
08-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Never having heard of CBA I googled it and I just clicked on the link and after 20 seconds of waiting it said the site could not be found. :violin:

Catshooter
08-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Cast Bullet Association.

Hate to say it, but they wanna be what we are.

Cat

bearcove
08-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Then I say to them "Shed some of thy arogant PRIDE"

Its just a hobbie for most of us.

wills
08-27-2011, 08:02 PM
NO problems finding the site. Ranch dog outdoors is listed as a new sponsor. Is that the same ranch dog? Looks like they have a lot of postal matches.

rockrat
08-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Don't go there much since they trashed this site and impunged those of us that enjoy it (you won't find the post there anymore, it was deleted ASAP). Been a member of CBA for 30 years or so and held them in high regard, not as much now. I even look like one of their revered members, could almost be a twin.

That said, I have learned ALOT from CBA over the years and plan on staying a member. This is my favorite site. I have it as my homepage. Alot more traffic here and so much more info flying around.

Mods, pleas feel free to delete this if you feel it is inappropriate.

highlander
07-08-2012, 04:47 PM
This is the first time I've used this. Can anyone offer info regarding Gas Checked Boolits for a 40-65 Win, 350 to 400 grain. The only thing close is RCBS .416GC, and that won't work.

oneokie
07-08-2012, 04:55 PM
This is the first time I've used this. Can anyone offer info regarding Gas Checked Boolits for a 40-65 Win, 350 to 400 grain. The only thing close is RCBS .416GC, and that won't work.

You may have better luck getting answers if you post this quesiton in the Black Powder Cartridge forum. Scroll down the main index page to find it.

RayinNH
07-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Note that this can happen if the time on your computer is off, there is a time element to certs.

Dollars to donuts that's your answer. I get this quite often as well because the button battery that keeps the clock running even when the computer is off died many moons ago. I'm using a Linux system, I don't remember it happening with Winblows. I don't use this computer often but was forced into it as the other is in the shop for repairs...Ray

onceabull
07-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Highlander: I've accumulated a good variety of socalled "40" caliber boolits over time,so possibly have something on hand usable for you..need to know desired diameter(s) and am guessing anything betwixt 350 and 400 gr .will suffice you...Otherwise I suggest you contact Veral Smith (LBT) as some mine are labeled as coming from his mould(s) ,but could be special order items... Onceabull

highlander
07-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Onceabull: Thank you, I'll keep you in mind. 40-65 W is a Shiloh with a bore of .409. So, a .410 is the most logical start. Eh??? Highlander

Wayne Smith
07-09-2012, 12:59 PM
RCBS has (had?) two 40 cal molds, a 400CSA and if I remember right, a 350gr?). They are both .410".

snuffy
07-10-2012, 11:49 AM
About 5 years ago give or take 3, I applied for membership over there, I sent the money via paypal. I heard nothing, got no "fouling shot: mag. nuthin! The money WAS sent, I verified that through paypal.

I mentioned it on this site once in response to another thread just like this one. Somebody, one of the volunterrs that run CBA, saw it and PM'd me here. He said he had checked his paypal inbox, it was there, had been for about 3 months! He got the ball rolling, I got the materials and other stuff that comes with membership. He made the membership effective from the date he responded instead of the 3 months it had been sitting UN-noticed.

Then about 5 months later, the guy that handles memberships decided to retire, sent everything to a new guy. Somehow the transaction I had gone through got left out, or the date got scrambled. I Got a notice that I needed to renew my membership!:confused: Everything stopped coming. I responded that I was good for another 7 months, the reply was--no you're expired. he got that right, or maybe something like I QUIT!.

Cast boolits forum is many times better than those G-mokes over there. I was just getting computer literate back then, so I was easily led astray. No More! This is my home for cast boolits.

I just did a search, their forum popped right up when I hit the button. They can keep it!:evil:

Bret4207
07-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Same thing happened to me. I renewed and within a month started getting renewal notices. Got about 4 months out of a years dues.

The CBA is a great outfit. I'd love to be getting the Fouling Shot. Just too much else going on. Besides, their Glorious Leader over on the site turned out to be a pompous buffoon when the word "boolit" get's mentioned. I'll just stay here.

Idaho Sharpshooter
07-13-2012, 08:58 AM
Most of those gentlemen are Type-A, very competition focused, and into high velocity.

It's a much more relaxed atmosphere here, and a lot more experimentation taking place.

Rich

Maven
07-13-2012, 09:13 AM
All, If you read the CBA site postings, you'll discover that the previously mentioned membership issues have been resolved. Moreover, you can now elect to receive "The Fouling Shot" electronically and save a few $$'s in dues as well.