PDA

View Full Version : Trigger for Interarms Rifle

WRideout
08-25-2011, 07:28 AM
I have an old Interarms Mark X 30-06 that was given to me by my stepfather when he was alive. It has some sentimental value and is in excellent shape. I took my first deer with it last fall. Here is my question: what can you do about a terrible trigger pull. This is a standard Mauser action, made in England. I was thinking about putting an aftermarket trigger on it, perhaps a Timney or Dayton Traister. Does anyone have any experience with installing one of these? Is this something I can do, or would I need gunsmith assistance? Thanks.

Wayne

nicholst55
08-25-2011, 07:57 AM
I would suggest the Bold trigger; they're inexpensive and come factory-adjusted to a nice pull. You may need to do a little bit of inletting to get it to fit into your stock, depending on how the factory inletted it.

I have one on a Mauser sporter, and am very satisfied with it.

WRideout
08-25-2011, 08:09 AM
I would suggest the Bold trigger; they're inexpensive and come factory-adjusted to a nice pull. You may need to do a little bit of inletting to get it to fit into your stock, depending on how the factory inletted it.

I have one on a Mauser sporter, and am very satisfied with it.

Thanks, Nichols. Is that an item I can find at Midway, or Brownells?
Wayne

Hardcast416taylor
08-25-2011, 10:28 AM
The Bold trigger is available just about any place that sells parts. I have put them on many of my sporter conversions. The trigger is available with and without a side safety.Robert

largom
08-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Thanks, Nichols. Is that an item I can find at Midway, or Brownells?
Wayne

Yes they are available at the above as well as Boyd's Gunstocks. Instructions are included and very simple. If you get the one with a side safety you will have to inlet your stock for it. Not a big deal. Also check that the trigger body does not touch the trigger guard. Sometimes you need to remove a little metal in the trigger slot for clearance.

Larry

Sensai
08-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Have you had it apart and looked at the trigger? I have one and it came with a very nice three way adjustable trigger. I know that Interarms was just the importer, but what makes you believe that it was made in England? My Mark X was made in what was then Checkoslavakia (sp?), in the Brno valley. They are good guns, and the forebearers of Vastava, Brno and CZ.

WRideout
08-26-2011, 06:27 AM
Have you had it apart and looked at the trigger? I have one and it came with a very nice three way adjustable trigger. I know that Interarms was just the importer, but what makes you believe that it was made in England? My Mark X was made in what was then Checkoslavakia (sp?), in the Brno valley. They are good guns, and the forebearers of Vastava, Brno and CZ.

The barrel on mine is marked Manchester England. I'll take mine apart and see what it looks like.
Wayne

izzyjoe
08-27-2011, 08:06 PM
i have one in .270, and it say's Alexandria, VA, and Manchester Eng. it is my favorite deer rifle. it has a adjustable trigger. i have mine set to 2.75lb. and i really like it. my trigger also say's Parker Hale on it. [smilie=s:

Ernest
08-28-2011, 10:06 PM
:smile:I''m pretty sure that if you take it out the stock ;you will find it has an adjustable trigger. I have had several and usually you can get a 3-4 lbs pretty crisp pull with just adjustment. The rifle that ;you have may not have been out of the stock for many years and my have dirt and or rust in the mechanism. Some times just cleaning and light lubrication can really improve the pull on the trigger. . By the way those are great guns. Hang on to it.:smile: