PDA

View Full Version : Ya'll are messin' with my head!

geargnasher
08-23-2011, 09:43 PM
I just clicked "cast boolits" to overview the forum, and everything's all scrambled! cookin' recipes in the general section? You guys are messin' with my HEAD! :grin:

Gear

waksupi
08-24-2011, 12:21 AM
You ain't seen nothing yet!

45nut
08-24-2011, 12:26 AM
As the forum evolved over the years some area's that were next to each other and made sense got shuffled farther and farther away,, housekeeping to bring things together was badly overdue.
Hopefully the new alignments will make sense to everyone since we grouped similar items and moved things around.
Our "Rememberence" area was grouped with swapping and selling !

Bloodman14
08-24-2011, 12:37 AM
I just clicked "cast boolits" to overview the forum, and everything's all scrambled! cookin' recipes in the general section? You guys are messin' with my HEAD! :grin:

Gear

+1! My first reaction was "How in the name of God am I going to find out what I want to know?". It took a few minutes of looking to figure it out.

Bret4207
08-24-2011, 07:22 AM
Oy vey!

stubshaft
08-24-2011, 07:56 AM
Thought for a moment that I was going to have to go back to wearing my tin foil hat!

wiljen
08-24-2011, 08:27 AM
That's right and every week I am going to move a few threads to new locations just to make it hard for the average Joe to find anything.

The administration/moderators are finally dropping any and all pretense of being on the same side as the general membership and are now doing things purely for spite.

;)

(If you believe the above, I have some swampland in Florida and a bridge in Brooklyn you might be interested in).

Wayne Smith
08-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Yup, training us to handle change, eh? Change is good, Change is good, keep repeating the mantra and you might begin to believe it - then vote for Obama next time around!!!

Guesser
08-24-2011, 08:36 AM
Your wife trained you good!!!!!! Stir the furniture at least 3 times a year!!!!!!!!

Finster101
08-24-2011, 08:45 AM
That's right and every week I am going to move a few threads to new locations just to make it hard for the average Joe to find anything.

The administration/moderators are finally dropping any and all pretense of being on the same side as the general membership and are now doing things purely for spite.

;)

(If you believe the above, I have some swampland in Florida and a bridge in Brooklyn you might be interested in).

HEY! I'm livin' on Florida swampland.[smilie=s:

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-24-2011, 10:35 AM

Yeah, I'll say, it's getting tougher and tougher to break the rules :-?

Just kiddin' :mrgreen:

Jon

wiljen
08-24-2011, 11:08 AM
In fairness, we are trying to do a bit of housekeeping to make it easier to continue to grow and evolve. You will notice a few new things as a result. Stickies are now titled in Red to stand out more. Things are shuffled a bit and will take a little time to sink in, but in the overall we hope these things make some sense as we go forward.

smoked turkey
08-24-2011, 11:12 AM
This is good. It will make us look through the various forum topics. Kind of like walking through the store where we shop. They move things around from time to time so the customer is forced to look around. Who knows, I may take up paper patching or swaging before its over!

08-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Hopefully, the red-highlighted stickies will attract more attention and result in fewer of those previously answered and unnecessary questions.

To expand on Smoked Turkey's grocery store analogy: It does get rather confusing walking round Costco looking for that spiffy item I bought last visit, only to find that it's been moved to the other side of the store, next to the womens clothing, which is the last place that I'd ever look. At least the pizza and Polish counter doesn't get moved about.

I'm staying positive.

firefly1957
08-24-2011, 11:40 AM
That is what we get for sending them money!!!! :kidding:

jsizemore
08-24-2011, 03:12 PM
It's like going to Lowe's. Once you got it figured where everything is they move it around to 'sell more product'. We'll figure it out, don't worry!

Bad Water Bill
08-24-2011, 03:34 PM
wiljen

How many loob gruvs will it kost me fer 40 akers uv dat swamp stuf?:bigsmyl2:

wiljen
08-24-2011, 03:52 PM
I've been selling that stuf by the gallon instead of da aker - I'll have to do some figgerin on it.

shooter93
08-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Change, change change.....all for the good.....where did I hear that before?????????....The Dark side finally won?......smiles.....Is there a Cast Boolit Health Insurance Policy heading our way?....and little red lettering everywhere......remember Wil.....most of us have trouble turning a computer on let alone search through changes in the site so go slooooowwwwwlllllyyyyyy or I'll get mighty confused.

geargnasher
08-24-2011, 10:01 PM
What really screwed me up was I had just made a post in the smokeless PP section, then clicked "cast boolits", and saw the thread in which I'd just posted appearing in two places: "our town", because the competition/get together forum is a subsection of that, and it also appeared in the smokless PP forum in the "boolit casting" section.

Red stickies= GOOD.

Gear

45nut
08-24-2011, 10:09 PM
it'll all settle in ,, just light stuff.

Sure red is the right color? not blue or ?

10 ga
08-24-2011, 10:17 PM
Like any of the big box stores, they move it so you have to look more and pass more stuff that you might buy. Heck, I just take my walking stick, and using it like a crutch, go to the "information" counter and ask where everything on my list is. Then after they explain it all, I just ask again, "cause I fergit", what was the first thing location. Then I just amble away using words that no one can comprehend. I'm gonna have to wander around to find the stuff anyway so may as well have some fun. Half the time the old ladies ask if I need the "electric" cart. I just think I'll start sending PMs to the admin guys and asking for links, LOL! Retired and lovin life! 10 ga

GRUMPA
08-25-2011, 08:58 AM
YEP whoever is doing this is a direct relative of my wife. Moves things around for the better every chance she gets. I wonder how is it for the better when I spend more time finding something that was there before and now isn't. I must have done something in another life.

Bret4207
08-25-2011, 09:05 AM
I never got that business of moving stuff around. My wife loves to do that. I complain it's unnecessary. My wife ignored me and continues to do it. A local hardware used to do that too. I complained it was unnecessary, they stopped moving stuff. I hate to think the moral of the story is that the guys at the hardware love me more than my dear wife!

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-25-2011, 09:12 AM
Maybe it's good to move stuff around.
As a bachelor, my living room has not been re-arranged for at least 10 years.
Now, the carpet I was planning on replacing shortly after I moved in (in 1993)
has a servere wear pattern...I gonna replace that carpet some day, but it seems
senseless, since it's a color that hinds the dirt...I think ?
Jon

PS. I remember when I last re-arranged...when I put a wood stove in the living room
in 1998.

wiljen
08-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Jon, I'm betting when you do rearrange you find all kinds of stuff. Some good, most not so much. That 10 year old slice of pizza under the couch may need the hazmat team.

Moonie
08-25-2011, 01:36 PM
You guys have inspired me, my SWMBO works out of town now and she is only home wednesday nights and weekends. I'm going to start moving things around, just slightly, and not tell her. Just to see what happens...

(This really can't end well, but it will be fun)

oneokie
08-25-2011, 01:46 PM
You guys have inspired me, my SWMBO works out of town now and she is only home wednesday nights and weekends. I'm going to start moving things around, just slightly, and not tell her. Just to see what happens...

(This really can't end well, but it will be fun)

Got a comfy couch or dog house?:bigsmyl2:

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Jon, I'm betting when you do rearrange you find all kinds of stuff. Some good, most not so much. That 10 year old slice of pizza under the couch may need the hazmat team.

I have 2 house cats, I imagine they'd have found that old slice of pizza by now.
Mostly likely I be finding brass. I sort through brass in the wintertime in the living room next to the woodstove, the cats usually help.

bearcove
08-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Love it! I grew up an Army brat and when you quit getting lost its time to move. Works for me.

shaune509
08-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Most of the changes don't bug me much, some seem better. Only thing I'm not sure've is needing to log in to vue the pollitics/religion sections. In past I pull up site for a quick read with out logging in so I could switch out faster, just me and my way of using the net with an old pc that is limited to cpu speed and power.
shaune509