PDA

View Full Version : For Wash. State hunters

quilbilly
08-22-2011, 09:40 PM
For Washington State hunters who haven't already gotten you deer/elk etc tags for seasons starting up on Sept 1st, get your tags before Aug 31. The state is raising the prices of hunting licenses and tags 25% on Sept 1st. A "full boat" small game plus big game license with tags is going from $81.50 to $104.50 and a nonresident "full boat" license is going from $798 to $999 (why anyone would want to spend that much to hunt here escapes me).
At least it was nice of the bureaucracy to give us a week's notice.

looseprojectile
08-23-2011, 04:12 PM
has priced me and a lot of others like me out of the market.
When you consider the cost of all the gear and transportation and the fact that the cougars have eaten nearly all the deer around here it is a lose lose situation.
Now a days it can cost quite a few hundred to shoot a deer in your back yard.
I don't need an excuse like hunting to rationalise owning a few dozen guns.

Life is good

Bad Water Bill
08-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Why the D N R of most states is hurting.

You get a CHANCE to shoot at deer for ONLY $250.00 as a non resident.
If you are lucky enough to score now you get to have it processed for an other $100.00.
Now add the gas you used getting to and from PLUS landowners fees and you are paying a lot of money for a few pounds of venison.

I would like to go deer hunting again but now hunting is only for the rich non residents. Guess the states do not want our money unless we want to lay out the price of Filet to get something that did not cost the state one cent to produce. Mother nature took care of that all by herself just like she has been doing for quite a while.

bearcove
08-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Pick your state of res with care.,