PDA

View Full Version : Are you being spammed or scammed?

waksupi
08-22-2011, 06:53 PM
The past few days,there has been a rash of spam type personal messages, and new people coming on board, trying to circumvent the rules for selling here. It ain't gonna work.
If you are getting the spams from people, be sure to let staff know. They will be dealt with like any other spammer who shows up here, they will be gone from the board.
Then we are getting new people sign on, thinking the rules must not apply to them, as they make a sleezy back door sales attempt on some item or items. There is a reason we have rules here about that, so you may be able to see enough of the persons postings to hopefully be able to judge their character somewhat, before sending your money to them. It doesn't work every time, but it helps.
As you know, slime balls don't last long here.
With any luck, we may put into effect that if someone comes on board with the intent of just selling, and tries to be a slimy underhanded weasel, they will not ever be able to sell here, at all.
So, if you see one of these guys, please do not do any dealings with them, no matter how good the deal looks. To do so only encourages this type of action, and makes it harder for us to maintain a safe and honest environment here at Cast Boolits.

gunnut14
08-24-2011, 10:15 AM
there has been someone scanning for e-mail addresses as the only place I have ever given my e-mail address is here and now I get about 10 e-mails a day telling me I have won the lottery ( in Nigeria or South Africa).
But hey I am richer by 32 million so far

gunnut14

Chicken Thief
08-24-2011, 12:50 PM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm153/Chickenthief/Blandet/Smilere/spamani.gif