PDA

View Full Version : need a local source for Lee mould handles

Sundogg1911
01-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Does anyone know where I can pick up a few set of Lee handles (for 6 cavity moulds)? I'm in SW Pennsylvania. (15 miles nort of Pittsburgh) I bought 2 moulds at a show on Saturday. The Guy forgot to bring the handles, and said He's bring them Sunday. Paid another $6 to get in Sunday and He forgot them. He said He could send them to me, so I asked Him for a business card. Guess what?......He forget them. I really didn't want to give Him the money because He'd probably forget to send them. I would really like to do some casting with them over the weekend. I'm afraid that I won't get them in time if I order them. I don't know anyone in my area that carrys them. (or any casting supplys) :(
The last time I ordered a mould it took a month to get.

ron brooks
01-22-2007, 05:30 PM
If you order them from Midway you would have an excellent chance of having them by the weekend.

Ron

quack1
01-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Sundog1911- 15 miles north of Pittsburgh- sounds like Wexford, Mars or Cooperstown area? You are right about there not being anywhere to get casting supplys around here. I'm even surprised you found Lee molds at a show. I havn't been to a show since they moved from the Expo Mart, but about the only molds I ever saw there were on the tables of reloading stuff along the one wall by the entrance. Don't know who the guy was, but he had the same few lyman molds for quite awhile.

Sundogg1911
01-23-2007, 06:35 PM
quack1. I'm in Upper Burrell (near New Kensington)I'm actually N.E. of PGH i guess. I won't go to another show as long as they keep having them at Blade Runners ( Ice Rink) . It is really small. The guy that Had the Lee moulds just started selling them and they were under His table. It was just luck that I heard another guy ask about them. There used to be a guy at the Greengate mall (When the shows were really good!) that sold all kinds of casting stuff, but I guess those days are gone. I used to make a list of things that I needed (casting, reloading, and shooting) and then look around the different tables for the best prices. Now i'm suprised when I actually find something that is on my list.
Prices are no longer any better than the local Gun Shops anyways. It's a shame.
I used to look forward to the shows, like a little Kid waitin' for Christmas!

quack1
01-24-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm in Butler. I know what you mean about the shows going downhill. About 25 years ago they were at the Mountain View Inn in Greensburg. They were small and crowded but were very good. Then they moved to the Expo mart and filled both east and west rooms for a few years, lots more stuff and still good. Then they seemed to slowly go down hill, less and less vendors and higher prices. I only go about once a year, and if the shows are as small as you say, maybe not even that.

Sundogg1911
01-24-2007, 06:14 PM
I found 1 set. Bee's guns in Saltsburg PA had'em He has a nice selection of reloading supplys, not much casting stuff. He's not sure why He had 'em, but I got one set. need one more, but this will let me try out the 6 cavity Lee moulds that I just got. I'll probably use it and a 4 cavity Hensley and Gibbs 45 ACP, and a Lyman 4 cavity, with a different flavor 45 ACP. :drinks:

IcerUSA
01-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Don't forget to leement them 6 banners from lee, might make or break them, I did my 452 190 SWC w/o leementing it and now I have to do it anyways, got in a hurry to try it out hehe Oh well. Hope all goes welll for your cast session this weekend.

mazo kid
01-31-2007, 04:09 PM
"Course I'm in Wis., but when I call Lee with an order in the morning most times I will have it the next day. An added bonus is if you have an FFL or C&R license, you will get a discount on items ordered. Emery

pappyo
09-17-2013, 10:11 PM
[center[/center]
does anyone know where i can pick up a few set of lee handles (for 6 cavity moulds)? I'm in sw pennsylvania. (15 miles nort of pittsburgh) i bought 2 moulds at a show on saturday. The guy forgot to bring the handles, and said he's bring them sunday. Paid another $6 to get in sunday and he forgot them. He said he could send them to me, so i asked him for a business card. Guess what?......he forget them. I really didn't want to give him the money because he'd probably forget to send them. I would really like to do some casting with them over the weekend. I'm afraid that i won't get them in time if i order them. I don't know anyone in my area that carrys them. (or any casting supplys) :(
the last time i ordered a mould it took a month to get.

pappyo
09-17-2013, 10:12 PM
I know a guy named Augie from Jeannette that sells reloading supplies.

frankenfab
09-17-2013, 11:12 PM
That post is 5 years old��