PDA

View Full Version : 310 Martini help

Figment
08-19-2011, 09:07 PM
I just bought a 310 Martini and am looking for information on the markings and numbers on it also some load information . Can anyone help ?
Thanks
Figment

Ed in North Texas
08-21-2011, 03:47 PM
I would imagine * that you would like to know the boolit weight to use. The loading data shows a 120 grain to 125 grain boolit mostly using small amounts of pistol powders. Examples are a starting load of Red Dot @ 3.5 grains, or a starting load of IMR 4227 @ 9 grains. With a case this small, there isn't a lot of increase above starting loads - so consult proper loading manuals or sources for more than starting loads. The usual disclaimers about appropriateness to use these loads in any particular firearm is subject to professional examination of the firearm for use with modern ammunition and powders, etc.

* Pun intended

Figment
08-28-2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the information , I am trimming 32-20 cases and have bought a RCBS mold for the cadet 120 gr. Looks like a fun gun to work with . Any other information would be welcomed .
Figment

closey
08-30-2011, 04:08 PM
An interesting page here....

http://www.rifleman.org.uk/BSA_Model_4.html

herbert buckland
08-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Not all 310 cadets will acept the rim thickness of the 32-20(most will )if you can show photos of the stock markings I should be able to tell you there meaning

JeffinNZ
08-30-2011, 11:23 PM
I have been battling a Cadet lately and have just cracked the magic combination. I will write it all up later. Suffice to say that the case is rather critical. Don't trim to "factory" specs. The chambers vary greatly. The OAL case length is what dictates the OAL cartridge length as the shoulder above the heel of the boolit butts onto the case mouth. To determine YOUR case length, seat a boolit in a sized .32-20 case with the rim adjusted to fit YOUR chamber and insert the dummy round into the chamber until it engages the rifling. Keep trimming a tad off the case until you can chamber the dummy round such that the bullet engraves but can be extracted with the boolit staying in the throat/leade. My cases are 1.270 inch long. NO BULL. Factory cases I have are just over an inch.