View Full Version : Old Pact Chronograph

gcollins
08-20-2011, 08:51 PM
[smilie=b:Hi Guys,
Once again I bought a peice of **** [smilie=b: I am getting dumber every day!
Any way I bought this Old Pact Chrony, from the picture it look like a model they made 5 years ago NOT! Anyway after paying to much I unbox it to find there was no stand or column, (It is the long rail that the sensors go one each end and it can be mounted to a tripod.
What I am looking for is the distance between the sensors. They have to be right or you figures are off.
If anyone has one of these or knows someone that does, maybe you could get me the measurement.
I would be great full!!
G

LongPoint
08-20-2011, 09:08 PM
That would be 24" center to center. I've got 2 Pacts, no problems. Good luck.

LongPoint

gcollins
08-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Thank you so much!! Have you ever had to replace the battery in it? The one I have is dead so I hook it up to 9volt, i wouldn't mind getting the right battery for it but don't want to pay a ton for one.
You don't know how much I apprecaite the help!! I was affraid that I wouldn't be able to get that info.
Greg

LongPoint
08-21-2011, 05:40 PM
Not sure which model you have. Mine have the integral printer, there is a small door on the bottom. Inside is a standard 9 volt battery. As I mostly shoot from the back porch, I just use the AC adapter. Good Luck

LongPoint

DCM
08-21-2011, 07:44 PM
That would be 24" center to center. I've got 2 Pacts, no problems. Good luck.

LongPoint

+1 on the older models such as the one described.

My new pact IR screens are18".

Your chrono may have an adjustment in the setup for the distance between screens(my old MKIII does), but on the older models the default was 24".

gcollins
08-23-2011, 12:14 PM
Mine has no model numbers anywhere. No problem about making a mount, my main concer is that I have it running on a 9 volt battery instead of the orginal.
Thanks for all the help.
G

sargenv
08-23-2011, 12:55 PM
The one I purchased over 15 years ago used a standard 9 volt battery...

scrapcan
08-23-2011, 02:36 PM
gcollins,

the pact model 1 I bought in the early 1990's used a single 9 volt battery. It did not come with a mount bar for sky screens. Spacing in the manual is 24 inches.

You can make a very simple bracket out of a piece of wood the correct length. And go to the hardware store and get a thread insert to put int he middle of the board for a tripod mount.

The model 1 has a small door on the back the that a 9 volt battery goes in. I have replaced the battery twice since I have had it and almost all the shooters friends I have have used it and it is bomb and bullet proof so far!

fourarmed
08-23-2011, 02:42 PM
I had one of the first Pact PC models. It took a standard 9v. battery. Eventually, it stopped seeing bullets, so I called Pact. They said "Send it back with five bucks." In a few weeks, I got a Model 1 in the mail with new skyscreens, and I am still using it.

dragonrider
08-23-2011, 05:43 PM
I have a first model Pact and it uses a 9 volt battery